1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Separated at Birth: Russell Wilson and Tony Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kilz, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Still waiting. All we have is the opinion of a Dallas Cowboy ticket scalper.
    theebs likes this.
  2. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Hahahahah, wow, I've never read so many words without a single shred of evidence. And when you have to resort to the "it" factor, you know you're reaching.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Fair enough.
  4. TheRomoSexual

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    No, it's really not. It's all drivel, without a single substantive fact to back it up.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I think he has a point about good, quick decision making and mental toughness being things that you either have or you don't.

You don't have to agree, but not everything is about the numbers they put up.
  6. TheRomoSexual

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Give me a break. "Mental toughness" is a phrase you use when you have absolutely no evidence to back your point.
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Like i said, you don't have to agree, but numbers aren't everything, imo.

Romo knows that more than anyone though..
  8. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,055 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Wilson benefits from having a great defense and I seriously doubt he would be as effective with a lesser defense.....and besides he looks like terrorist bomber.
  9. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,136 Messages
    695 Likes Received
    That is hilarious :D
  10. TheRomoSexual

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    So, you have nothing else to offer either? Good to know. As another poster pointed out, Romo has an insanely high 4th quarter QBR, which is totally indicative of a mentally weak QB. But hey, "numbers aren't everything," which is just another way to say, "Um...I have no actual facts to back my point, so I'm going to use generic phrases like 'mental toughness.'"
  11. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,136 Messages
    695 Likes Received
    "I actually a bunch"? Speaking another language now?

You know what, I'll play your game. Hit me with your reasoning why Romo is a better player, and I really don't want to hear "because he has a better QBR". Thanks.
  12. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Sorry must have missed that in between your personal attacks and being tough guy behind the keyboard LOL
  13. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Still waiting. Oh, and that was great pocket awareness on his third or fourth fumble (Too many) of the night.

Go back to selling ticket out of you're moms basement. Come back when you have some real numbers to back that talk up
  14. TheRomoSexual

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    So, you don't like to hear "facts" huh?

Romo has more yards. He has more TDs. He has a higher 4th quarter QBR. He has a much higher completion rating. By every objective metric, he is a better quarterback.

But hey, you have "mental toughness," which is complete nonsense.
  15. TheRomoSexual

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Yes, reading is hard.
  16. kilz

kilz Member

238 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Excellent post. Being a huge Cowboy/Romo fan living in Seattle, I appreciate and echo many of your opinions.

While I agree Wilson's "mentality" and athletic ability are top level for a QB, his accuracy and decision making are not there yet.
  17. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Like i said your just to smart hiding behind your pocket protector grow up you post like a ***
  18. TheRomoSexual

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    "you're" and "too"
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Would you like an example?

Romo played a hall of fame caliber game the other week, and then right at the end, we blew it.

Was it all his fault we lost? Certainly.. no.

Did he have the ball put in his hands at the end of a game with a chance to lock it down? Yes.. and blew it.

Im sure aside from that pick at the very end, his fourth quarter numbers were much like his first three quarter numbers.. phenomenal.

But again.. we didn't get the job done.

Like i said, numbers aren't everything. Im sure Romo would trade in all his statistical success in a minute for even a couple more playoff wins.
  20. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,086 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    How does that make him better then Romo? I think he is better them Kap and light years better then RGOverrated and a few other QBs but I don't see that as being better then romo Roy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.