1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

shamMOCKery

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    22. Arizona CB Antoine Cason

well-built corner who excels in zone-coverage, but is equally capable of playing in man, diagnoses plays very well, and is a playmaker in the secondary, also is an excellent punt returner

compares to: Tampa Bay CB Ronde Barber

28. Indiana WR James Hardy

tall WR who is suprisingly smooth in his routes, a long strider who can get deep, has good hands, can shield corners w/ his big frame, as well as outjump most defenders for the ball due to his incredible height, an excellent play-maker at Indiana who averaged 12 TDs a year, including 16 his Junior year

compares to: NYG WR Plaxico Burress

2. Newberry OL Heath Benedict

huge OT w/ great athleticism and quickness, slides well and can reach the 2nd level quickly, is versatile, could project to OG in the pros

3. SJSU CB Dwight Lowery

well-built corner who excels when keeping the play in front of him, as he diagnoses plays very well, an exceptional playmaker who racked up 13 Ints the last 2 years

4. Georgia RB Thomas Brown

compact RB w/ very good speed, vision and agility, is a capable receiver, a tough inside runner who can turn it outside, a playmaker, depth of RBs in this draft causes him to drop

5. Virginia Tech OLB Chris Ellis

pass-rushing DE w/ a good strength/speed ratio, adds immediate help on kick and punt-coverage units

6. Tennessee S Jonathan Hefney

super-quick, undersized S who matches up very well w/ slot receivers, is explosive getting to the ball-carrier, and taking him down, adds immediate help on kick and punt-coverage units

7. Georgia C/OG Fernando Velasco

huge, mauling C, who once he gets his hands on you, the battle is over, possesses adequate mobility, projects as a good in-line, drive blocker at OG as well, another player for new OL coach Hudson Houck to play w/

booyahkasha!
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,527 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    I, like you, am considering dropping RB out of the 2nd round and looking at the 3rd, 4th or even later.

I don't know if we'd draft two cbs in the first 3 rounds though or a tackle in the 2nd if we resign Flo.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Make that 3 of us thus the reason I have dropped RB out of my 1st day mocks for the Cowboys unless someone really drops. I can't see Jones giving Barber a big pay day (starter money) then turning around and drafting a RB to do the same. That's a lot of money tied up into the RB's when only 1 of them is going to see a mjority of the carries.
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he could play OG, which is why I'm putting him in there, a 6'6" 320lb guard fits the Hudson Houck prototype
  5. ayjackson

ayjackson New Member

208 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like the draft except for Newberry. I'd take an ILB like Bell or Wheeler in the second, myself.
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    22. Arizona CB Antoine Cason

well-built corner who excels in zone-coverage, but is equally capable of playing in man, diagnoses plays very well, and is a playmaker in the secondary, also is an excellent punt returner

compares to: Tampa Bay CB Ronde Barber

28. Indiana WR James Hardy

tall WR who is suprisingly smooth in his routes, a long strider who can get deep, has good hands, can shield corners w/ his big frame, as well as outjump most defenders for the ball due to his incredible height, an excellent play-maker at Indiana who averaged 12 TDs a year, including 16 his Junior year

compares to: NYG WR Plaxico Burress

2. Georgia Tech ILB Phillip Wheeler

fantastic pass-rushing and blitzing inside LB w/ good physical tools, a terror in the backfield possessing incredible burst to the ball-carrier, is ok dropping back into coverage in a zone, played DE 1st and then MLB at GTech, recording a career high 9 sacks as a Junior and 4 INTs as a Sophomore

3. SJSU CB Dwight Lowery

well-built corner who excels when keeping the play in front of him, as he diagnoses plays very well, an exceptional playmaker who racked up 13 Ints the last 2 years

4. Georgia RB Thomas Brown

compact RB w/ very good speed, vision and agility, is a capable receiver, a tough inside runner who can turn it outside, a playmaker, depth of RBs in this draft causes him to drop

5. Virginia Tech OLB Chris Ellis

pass-rushing DE w/ a good strength/speed ratio, adds immediate help on kick and punt-coverage units

6. Tennessee S Jonathan Hefney

super-quick, undersized S who matches up very well w/ slot receivers, is explosive getting to the ball-carrier, and taking him down, adds immediate help on kick and punt-coverage units

7. Georgia C/OG Fernando Velasco

huge, mauling C, who once he gets his hands on you, the battle is over, possesses adequate mobility, projects as a good in-line, drive blocker at OG as well, fits the Hudson Houck prototype of huge, late-round players for the line
  7. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think we would go WR in the first round. I don't like your choice of RB he i small and if your small like that you better be really fast or really strong he has average speed and prob average strength so i don't think we go there with him. I like the ILB pic because i feel thats a need for us but im bias towards Tavares Gooden. Your corners are a good pick and will fit in our system really nice. I don't think hafney is going to be there in the 6th
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    fair enough, but we have 2, 1st round picks, if WR is best value at one of them, do it

it's a need as well

5'8" 200 is very compact, he has already what successful backs want, a low-center of gravity, he's buit well too, and he's strong

I like Gooden alot too, but if we get an ILB, I want one who can blitz very well, and Wheeler can