1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sharif Floyd

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rpatricc, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

875 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    The problem is that Frederick was the only move they made in the offensive line.They had talent at the offensive skill positions,before the draft.They needed to address their offensive and defensive lines more.
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,984 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Yeah, I wonder how many of them had pegged Pugh at #19?
  3. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,225 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Or Long at 20 for crying out loud?
  4. cowboys1985

cowboys1985 Active Member

110 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Wow, what a tool. He puts Tim MacMahon to shame with his toolness. I can't believe a reputable news service would employ this type of "journalist." What a disgrace.
  5. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Active Member

370 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Why thank you. IMO the debate that we should be having is how the hell we only got a 3rd round pick for trading down
  6. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,298 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Any so-called expert who had Frederick graded at round 3 is clearly mistaken. He's a first round talent.
  7. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,463 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    The way Long is playing, he shoulda went #1.
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Lol calm down there buddy, what about my post made you respond like that? And when the hell did I say that I didn't welcome the addition of Frederick? I was one of the people shouting the most about fixing the o line (still doing so by the way), so I would be a hypocrite if I said I wasn't happy with the pick. All I'm saying is that I would rather the front office just admit that they went into the 1st round with the plan of fixing the line. I don't want to hear the BS downselling of the other guys on the board so people like you can regurgitate it back like its fact.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,160 Messages
    2,996 Likes Received
    Can we get a dislike button? This might be the worst post ever.
    CowboyGil and Maxmadden like this.
  10. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,225 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    And the way Frederick is playing he should have been top ten. See how that stupid game works. I'll quote someone who knows a hell of a lot more about football than anyone on this board

Darryl (Moose) Johnston: "If Frederick is a staple on this line for the next ten years, does it matter where they took him?"
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  11. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,415 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure numerous teams right now are wishing they would have taken Fredbeard before the Cowboys chose him. I sure am happy the Cowboys have The Beard over Long or Pugh. Fredbeard is playing well and it looks like the Cowboys have something and made the right decisions. Why some people can't be happy with that is a mystery to me. Fredbeard is playing like a legit 1st rd talent.

The Cowboys were in no position to get very greedy during the draft. They took a slight gamble and traded down and it paid off big (so far). Sorry to burst the haters' bubble. The JJ haters will just have to wait until next year to criticize. They got to wait for their hindsight goggles to come in the mail.
  12. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,463 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    I'm fine with it. Only thing I would have done differently is not draft Escobar in the 2nd and draft the second DT the Panthers got. Forget his name. The one playing better than Star Loot.
  13. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,984 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Yeah, it could have been a little more... however, the need for Frederick at center was so great that I think they just took what they could get and still feel good about Frederick being available.

Can you imagine the outcry if they would have just gone ahead and picked Frederick at #18?
  14. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    706 Likes Received
    Liked the pick then.... Like it better now... Our center woes are over barring injury
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,160 Messages
    2,996 Likes Received
    You're probably mad that they didn't draft Tony Mandarich instead of Troy Aikman back in '89.
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I'm happy with Frederick and Williams, no thanks!
  17. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,597 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    So then we disagree to agree?
  18. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

9,984 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    That would be Kawann Short. He was a bit of a pet cat of mine. I thought he would go late in round 1, so I would have loved to take him in the 2nd (although he wouldn't have made it to our pick).

The reason he slid into the 2nd when he had clear round 1 talent was that his motor ran a little hot/cold. Sometimes he would disappear in games when he should be dominating. I still really liked him though and he would be a welcome addition to the depleted 3-tech DT spot. I actually like him as a 3-tech better than Floyd.

Oh well.
  19. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Idgit likes this.
  20. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

469 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I know Floyd did not have the most sacks in college but he did have 13 Tackles for Loss in last season. These tackles for loss are just as good as sacks.

While I am nicely surprised by Frederick's performance, I believe Floyd is going to be a stud in NFL.