1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sharrif floyd?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy_Ace, May 17, 2013.

1. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,785 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I think you'll see going forward that it's cheaper to move up in the draft than it used to be.
  2. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,064 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    You didn't expect to get great value in a trade that you didn't know was going to happen until after it had?

This is what i'm talking about. You call it realism. I call it arrogance and stupidity.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,959 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    He played 2 years as a 19 and 20 year old in the SEC. Not to mention he got a lot of pressures, even if they didn't result in sacks. Playing DE a lot didn't help either.

And Floyd had 4.5 sacks while Sheldon Richardson had 6 in the same 2 years. Would you say that Sheldon Richardson isn't a pass rusher too?

Floyd was the obvious pick, but if Frederick sures up the middle of the line like he is supposed to I will have no problems with this draft in the long run.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,431 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are saying Richardson is a 3 technique and Floyd is a 1 technique. That tells you right there what they think of Floyd's pass rush ability.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,955 Messages
    283 Likes Received

i have brought this up in the past but posters seem to then shy away from an answer. Floyd also had more qb pressures and tfl as well.
    Until jerry said they didnt think he was quick twitch, not one single poster said he wasnt a good interior pass rusher. Now they just regurgitate jerrys words.

Floyds explosion measurements were also better than Richardsons.
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,959 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    The Cowboys will also tell you that Floyd is better suited to play OG to make their pick seem better. As UnionJack above me said, there wasn't any indication that Floyd is/was a 1 tech at any point prior to the draft until we passed on him. After that he all of a sudden wasn't a good enough pass rusher. Read any scouting report from whichever place you like best and it will more than likely praise Floyd's pass rushing skills. 5 minutes of watching his tape and you will see what type of athlete he is and that he is FAR from a 1 tech only.

But I'm done here because its over and done with and no need to dwell on it. Like I said, as long as Frederick turns into the player he is capable of being I won't have any problems in the future.
  7. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

129 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I never went off anything jerry said... I didn't look at the statline... I watches him... Im a gators fan... Floyd would have been lovely but he may not have been what they wanted. Easley if fully recovered from his injury is perfect for kiffin. Kinda smaller interior lineman, quick twitch, and he plays with a swagger... This team (cowboys) needs to play with some swagger.
  8. speedkilz88

20,431 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    No, even Broaddus who was ticked they passed on Floyd said that they would have taken Richardson because he was a 3 tech.
  9. speedkilz88

20,431 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    That's BS, I read a lot of guys that watched him play say that they thought he was overhyped and that he was not a good pass rusher. This was prior to the draft.
  10. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If Baltimore supposedly wanted him at 32, why are people saying he was a reach at 31? I would have thrown my TV out the window if they took him at 18. I was ecstatic when they traded back and got more firepower. It is too early to tell if it was the right move, but overall, I am pleased with what we came away with.
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,987 Messages
    1,651 Likes Received
    The success rate for first round DT is awful. I think it has the worst success rate of all positions. The dude is a project. He has no pass rush moves and while he has good effort demonstrates poor instincts.

I can see why a whole bunch of teams passed on him. Huge boom/bust factor from a position that busts more than any other.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,856 Messages
    2,100 Likes Received
    I like the player we got in Frederick as for Floyd I have nothing negitive to say. Cowboys made their choice and I think it was the right one for them.
  13. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    I don't know a lot about Floyd. Someone said he had 4.5 sacks in college. Do you know how many tackles for loss he had?
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,539 Messages
    5,272 Likes Received
    We'll see how it works out, but I'm not upset with Frederick anymore. I hope the guy can play, because it's only his personality that completely won me over. He'll be one of my favorites if he can hike and block.
  15. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

129 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    He had 26 in his 3yrs, 13 last yr and 6.5 in each of his first 2seasons....again my focus was supposed to be on easley...as maybe 3-5 round guy... Due to size.. 6' 2 280.. But that's kiffins mo plus with pro trainers I figured an easy 10-15lbs would do wonders.