1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Shaub for Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pokes12, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They will not they extend Schaub and they really like TJ Yates
  2. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,264 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Wow, you just confirmed your ignorance..thanks. although your op had me 99.9% sure, thought the original post was maybe .1% playing devils advocate.
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,106 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    His contract was extended last year. 4 years I think.
  4. rynochop

2,264 Messages
    160 Likes Received
  5. Mountaineerfan

Mountaineerfan Member

126 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I would try a romo for Rivers trade. That is one that could benefit both teams in my opinion. Rivers is a yell and scream at teammates which could be helpful with the lackadaisical attitude of the offense. Problem is that it gets old after a few years and no one cares in SD anymore so romo could be that laid back cool cat and succeed. Could be a win win but would never happen plus the o line would have to get better with rivers since he doesn't move well.
  6. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,036 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Rivers has had two back to back bad seasons. I wouldn't do this plus he would last behind this offensive line.
  7. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Member

920 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    The years Rivers was great, he had a good OL and a running game.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,671 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    I think Rivers and Romo are both better than Schaub....no news there.
    I probably wouldn't trade for Rivers either though. He's not nearly mobile enough.
  9. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Member

323 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Face it fellas/gals Romo is the Qb here next 3 to 4 years. Try to ride or die with him.
  10. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Schaub for Romo? Shaub would be dead behind our OL.

Plus, I'm fine with Tony Romo as our QB. Fix the OL, get the running game going and there will be less mistakes in the passing game. We need to be a more balanced offense.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,671 Messages
    1,533 Likes Received
    List the top dozen things you would fix with this team and organization and no way do I have Romo on that list.

I don't rate him as highly as some in this forum, but I rate him plenty high to get the job done.
  12. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    These threads are all useless and stupid. Too many Madden armchair GMs.

1. Why would anyone trade for Romo in the last year of his contract when he's owed upwards of 11 million (unless dallas eats a significant portion of that)?

2. If he's extended, why would anyone trade for Romo with a multiyear deal for a QB already in his 30s at over 12 mil per year guaranteed?

3. Why would you trade for a QB who is already 30-something? If you need a QB, you are rebuilding and you might as well draft one.

4. Since top draft picks no longer make a gazillion dollars guaranteed, there's even LESS reason to trade for a QB that requires a large financial commitment.

Come on people use your heads.
  13. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I don't agree with every decision Tony makes but he is our best option right now. I know at some point we'll need to draft his replacement.

The question is what type of QB will we look for?
  14. rynochop

2,264 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    At least that long. But yeah, everyone needs to realize that...but I guess some enjoy these odd debates.
  15. Crazed Liotta Eyes

Crazed Liotta Eyes Member

47 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :lmao: Thank you for that. First time I've laughed out loud in quite a while. That scene was so awesome. Scabby lasagne!
  16. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,590 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    they both fold under pressure, so no schaub is not someone I want.
  17. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I think you are so far off it isn't funny. *****. Both the same quality level. You just don't have a clue.
  18. 5StarComboBreaker

5StarComboBreaker Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure how either team would benefit from this.
  19. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    The Texans would benefit greatly, because Romo is a SB quality QB. He is twice the QB that Schaub is.
  20. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,664 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    Like he got it done in Washington? He threw his whole team under the bus. Neither him or Schaub have what it takes to lead their team deep into the playoffs or to a superbowl.