1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Shea McClellan

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hoofbite, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    SDogo, I know you're probably keeping up with him.

Had a pretty good workout today.

6th fastest 40 amongst DL/LB at 4.63

Think around 13th best 3 Cone time.

12th best 20 yard amongst DL.

Pretty good numbers, IMO.

One thing I noticed when watching a little interview they had with him is that he doesn't look like a guy who's shredded from head-to-toe and likely has no room to gain mass without losing ability.

He actually looks like he has room for muscle and could probably drop some body fat relatively easily.

I'm liking him.
  2. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Agreed. He looked good but decidedly non-sculpted, which is probably good since everyone was saying he gets the 'he's a football player' superlative on a regular basis. I wonder if he won't slip back under the radar. That would be nice if he was available in, say, the 4th.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Definitely like this guy. Deceptively athletic.
  4. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Have to agree and I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Grew up just outside of Boise (think his home town has like 1,000 people) and while BSU has taken strides as a program I don't think anyone would put their training facilities or staff on par with some of the top football programs in the nation.

Probably really didn't even get a taste of a quality weight room until he got to BSU.

You get him in an NFL program with the absolute best strength and conditioning coach in Mike Woicik and I think this guy will be a contributor his rookie season, a solid player his 2nd season and playmaker in his 3rd year.

I dunno where he's project after today but I would imagine 4th round won't be it.

SDogo has him in the 2nd in his current sig-Mock. I'm not quite so sure about a 2nd at the current slot but if he were there in the 3rd, I'd take him.

If Dallas found itself at the end of round 2 somehow through a trade, I wouldn't be too upset with the pick.

I usually don't get too jacked up about college players in general but I really think he's gonna be a good player. Of course, I'm probably slightly (or not so slightly, likely heavily) biased on the matter but I think he's gonna develop into a good player.

Seeing him show up looking like a pretty normal big guy for his size and put up numbers amongst these highly-tuned and massively built players is pretty impressive IMO and I think over time he'll add strength and be able to maintain his speed and quickness because his weight won't become cumbersome.

Another thing I like about his interview was his respect for the teams that interviewed him in terms of not divulging a single bit of information about what they talked about.

All business between himself and the teams.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would love to draft him.
  6. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Me too. Just hoping he lasts to the 3rd round.

I'd love nothing more to get Decastro at 14, CB in the 2nd and this guy in the 3rd. You could call me happy.
  7. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

My passion for the player is well known but he is going to be so over drafted because of the lack of OLB pass rushers in this draft.

I honestly could see him going in the late 1st from the rumblings around the Combine.
  8. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    This is not the news that I want to hear. I was hoping we could get in the 4th before the Sr. Bowl. Then the 3rd afterwards. Then maybe the 2nd but that was pushing it. Now he might go in the late first:bang2:
  9. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Not good.

Not good at all.
  10. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,113 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    I agree with Dogo....pass rush is the "buzz phrase" right now in the NFL...I could see ten/twelve lineman and olb's drafted in the first rd alone. Too bad-love the kid and would have been a great third rd pick
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,274 Messages
    1,219 Likes Received
    I don't know about him being over drafted, but I think he's worked his way up boards on his own merit. The kid can play.

Dontay Moch went in the top of the 3rd last year, and I think Shea is a better prospect.

I just am not sure about how he fits here. Ware is out weak side OLB, I don't know that our scheme can get away with Shea on the strong side unless we are making some changes up front.