1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Shea McClellin

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by johnnyd, Apr 11, 2012.

1. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Really want this kid to wear the star.

After doing film study of Boise State LB/DE Shea McClellin, NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes McClellin has a chance to develop into a "dynamic edge pass rusher" in the pros.

Cosell specifically cited McClellin's ability to "bend the edge," a trait for which 2011 Defensive Rookie of the Year Von Miller was praised coming out of Texas A&M. Cosell observed some similarities to Clay Matthews in McClellin's game tape. With his pre-draft stock also seemingly building, McClellin now looks like a solid bet to be drafted late in the first round

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/10/cosell-talks-diamonds-in-the-rough/
  2. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    he reminds me of a young Kevin Green.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,302 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    I don't know if he will ever be a great pass rusher and get over 10 sacs a year so some will hate him. But the guy is a great player and is always at the ball. He seems to always be there.

I would take him in a trade back because he will be a end of the 1st round pick now. NE and GB really like him.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Would love to end up with him somehow.

Draft stock appears to be rising.

Also, like Ben Jones on his list. Seems to me the type of C that succeeds in the NFL.
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,302 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    yeah Ben Jones is my #2 center but not that higher than Blake
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    I like him a lot. He has the measurables. He looks very good rushing the passer. He can get off blocks. He'll be a long-term starter with the potential to make a pro bowl, I think. If he's there when we pick in the 2nd round and we didn't take a pass-rusher in the 1st, I'd be very happy with this pick. Personally I think he might be the best 3-4 OLB prospect in the whole draft, so I'm not sure we'll have a shot at him in the 2nd.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    I like him too.

One thing I don't want is for him to be our 1st pick in the draft, even after trading down.
    I want our 1st pick to be better than him.

If we could still get a stud player by trading down from 14 and then use the extra ammo to trade up into upper 2nd or bottom of the 1st, I would then take him.
  8. theogt

43,933 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Every other play is pretty much a highlight.

[youtube]F0vM9k9bnsk[/youtube]

[youtube]l7I0WHP0Jxk[/youtube]

[youtube]Z0lJqBPxgMk[/youtube]
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,699 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    If we could land him and Fletcher cox with our first 2 picks and somehow Bruce Carter steps up and has a big year... We could change things quick on that side of the ball.
  10. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    (&)*& I was hoping this guy would stay a bit of a secret
  11. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,334 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    He looks pretty versatile but he seemed a bit slow off the ball to me in those videos. To be a great pass rusher you have to be quicker than that.
  12. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,555 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    I have wanting him to wear the star for a long time. I was hoping to get him in the 4th than 3rd. Now it looks like we have to pick him in the 2nd but he might not get to us. He is moving up the draft boards quickly from what I am hearing.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,705 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    Me too.

I was originally going to put him in my mock draft but his stock seems to be skyrocketing too high so I took him out of it.

Any opinion on Nevada's Brett Roy?
  14. theogt

43,933 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Really? He has extremely good burst in those videos. That's one of the first things that you should catch your eye. The second is his ability to get off a blocker.
  15. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,705 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received

Appreciate you posting those videos theogt, thanks!

:bow:
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,299 Messages
    4,842 Likes Received
    I agree that McClellin might be the best overall 3-4 SOLB prospect in this draft.

Ben Jones - I just don't see it. The games I watched, he got repeatedly pushed into the backfield, was often on the ground and did not appear very athletic in the open field. Blake is better than Jones, IMO.