1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should Aikman still symbolize our team?

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by followthestar, Nov 8, 2005.

1. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Look at the top of this webpage and you'll see a picture of Aikman, who along with Emmitt best personified the Cowboys. But I say its time to move on and find a new face for this team. I don't know how many of you out there agree, but i was bored during the bye week and this seemed like a good time to ask:

In your opinion should Aikman's photo still be up at the top of the page, or perhaps Parcells, or a player such as Roy Williams or Jason Witten? My thought actually, since we have few standout players, is some type of team photo or one of the secondary congratulating each other after the SD game for instance. Thoughts...?
  2. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Heck Yeah. Maybe once Cowboys win another SB, the QB who took the team to SB or key players can then be up there.

Cowboys are about SBs not few wins in regular season, as much as we like to believe we are happy with wins in Regular season.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Look at the top of this web page in the white box and you will see an option to change your background to whatever you want it to be. Aikman is the default for no other reason than the English alphabet.

I don't think you can blame us for the alphabet.
  4. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's an option, but to go beneath that to the meaning of this franchise...I would be happy with Aikman, Staubach, Emmitt, Dorsett on the front page of any Dallas site anytime anywhere. At some point...hopefully in the near future...we can add to the collection...Ware, Roy, T-new, Glover etc...
  5. The Curly One

The Curly One New Member

587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Definatly Aikman is the face of the Cowboys and will always be. He never help out for more money on any contract, never had anything bad to say about anyone, never had any off field "Distractions", and has been a role model on and off the field.
    Aikman is much like Landry was in many ways and I think both are the symbol of what a Cowboy should be. Curly
  6. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL. That's what I was thinking.
  7. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,444 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    I'd still have Tom Landry's face on the top, so I guess I'm a bad person to ask. I don't see anyone on this current team who deserves that position.....yet.
  8. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I beg to differ. Cheerleader deserves it. :)
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received

The hell you say. I can damn sure blame you for the alphabet. I hate the fact that it has 26 character rather then 25. I hate the fact that when you sing it, you can't say W-X-Y-N-Z insteads of W-X-Y-Z. Lastly, it's too damn hard to say backwards.

Can ya guys get on this please?!!!!

;)
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Juke, Trick, and BP are graphics guys.

Winky barely speaks English with his Canadian roots.

WG is not to be permitted time away from finding articles.

Dale's schooling can't be interupted.

JT will make it too techical.

That leaves just one man for the job. The man whose first language was Old English. Cbz, hit it. Ask Juke to help with the new song.
  11. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,185 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    If we chose pig latin, Dwayne Goodrich would be on top of the boards all the time.
  12. Dye

Dye New Member

220 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao: freak'n riot, hos!
  13. ABQCOWBOY

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received

:lmao2:

Finally, a little satisfaction around here!
  14. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Actually cbz was part of the formulation of the english alphabet from the original alphabet in the 7th century... :rolleyes:

He also helped author Hammurabi's Code... so you can thank him for lawyers too... :D
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received

No worries... I am currently working on a Lance Rentzel background and also Duane Thomas... :thumbup:
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    Lance was one strange dude. LOL Busted for indecent exposure to a minor which ended his career with the Cowboys.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Really a beautiful wife too. Strange is not the word. Could not agree more Dooms.
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    I agree Joey Heatherton was a fine looking lady
  19. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,916 Likes Received
    Hos is serious guys.

I took a break one time and Hos sent a search team out for me. When I got back, he threatened, I mean, made me promise never to leave the Zone.
  20. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he still is. Roy is the closest we have to a superstar. Aikman had everything you could ask for in a dallas qb. famous, well spoken, talented, leader, good looking. dallas will have to wait until Brady Quinn wins us the superbowl before he becomes the new face. :worthy: