1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should Dez Bryant be the target on offense?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Fredd, Sep 21, 2013.

1. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Throw to Dez til the cows come home I say.
  2. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

957 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    That is like asking if Stafford should not throw it to Calvin Johnson regardless if it is tight coverage. If a man is a playmaker, you let him make plays. The reason Dez is so good is that he can overcome tough coverage. Why have a stud WR if all you want to do is throw to the receiver with the better option? Many touchdowns are the result of a WR going up to make a play. Got to feed the Deztroyer!
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,299 Messages
    4,460 Likes Received
    Until the defense doubles him every play and literally takes him away, I agree.
    DuceizBak likes this.
  4. Cowboy_Mo88

Cowboy_Mo88 New Member

23 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Dez needs to be let loose and I mean not so many outs or slants . He's body can only take so much but the more you go to him the better cause sooner or later the opportunities will be so much better for the rest of offense seeing coverage will be rolled his way and then get chances will open up for others like in giants game if the red headed genius decides to open it up and dictate the pace.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    20+ times a game seems extreme, though I could see it happening here and there.

Dez Bryant is talented enough that you cannot allow the defense to take him away. You can't say, well Dez is doubled, we'll take what they give us. Usually a sound philosophy but not when you have a special talent like Dez.

The Vikings don't look at 8 men in the box and decide to give Adrian Peterson the day off.

He's not only our best player on offense, I think he's now the best player on the team. Shame on the coaching staff and/or the QB if he disappears for even a week.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  6. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,716 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    Like in the giants game? he was a decoy for the most part as they doubled him for much of the game....I just want to see some type of balance with the passing attempts...something like 40% Dez looks (minimum), 20% Miles, 20% Jason, and 20% to the rest Hanna/Escobar/Murray/Dunbar/et al...if Dez is in beast mode, he should get everything at that moment until they take him away...
  7. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Haha yeah thats what I meant