1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should Suh be banned?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by blindzebra, Sep 10, 2013.

1. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,194 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    Personally I think he will eventually severly injure or kill someone...he needs to be gone.
  2. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

691 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I don't agree. This past incident is borderline to me and I believe he's being judged on his past infractions. I think the league agrees as well or he would have been suspended. He is an intense competitor and plays in one gear - all out. I admit, he's done some suspect things but don't think this was one of them or in the same class.
  3. blindzebra

9,194 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    He went after his knee. He is a dirty player. And based on his base salary he would have needed to miss 3 games to equal 100K.
  4. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

691 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    With the action in the play, I don't see how it could be concluded he made a concerted effort to take out his knee. Was it dumb of him, yes, but don't think it was a malicious effort. Not sure what you mean about 3 games equaling $100k but from what I've heard, he makes $13M a year. A $100k fine is less than 1% of that and speaks volumes for the NFLs position on imposing a penalty on him in this instance.
  5. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I stopped reading at kill someone. Give me a break.
  6. blindzebra

9,194 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    You might want to read about football related deaths than.
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,316 Messages
    1,172 Likes Received
    He's the dirtiest player in the NFL.
    Sarge likes this.
  8. blindzebra

9,194 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    He probably is the worst since Chuck Cecil and they both rival Conrad Dobler.
  9. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Blind Zebra's are blind.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,336 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    I think he will eventually see a suspension because he will get a few more infractions along the way. Of course this current fine is based on his past offenses. That is how it works. Roy Williams eventually got suspended for too many horse collar tackles. What a standard. They make up a new penalty based on something you do, fine you several times for doing it and eventually suspend you for it.

I disagree with that. The rule is pretty straightforward about not being allowed to block below the waist on returns. He didn't just jump in front of the guys legs, he dove straight into his knee. The guy has proven that he is a malicious player.
  11. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I think the next time he doesn't something clearly outside the rules he'll be suspended multiple games.
  12. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,692 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    It should have happened with this one.

Sometimes, you give players the benefit of the doubt if they have a clean record or history. Suh doesnt have that luxury. This is what the dozenth time he's taken a cheap shot. From here, the only message he'll understand is suspension.

The biggest problem with Suh is that he either doesnt realize or doesnt care that the stuff he does is cheap, dirty, and dangerous. That means he's likely to keep doing the same dumb stuff over and over and over again.
  13. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    I wonder if that kid suffers from some sort of undiagnosed mental disorder. His behavior reminds me of Haley's but haley always seemed to play within the rules and went full ****** in the locker room.
    newlander likes this.
  14. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,799 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I wish theyd kick him out of the nfl for good.
  15. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,299 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    he let his team down as that return for an interception TD was nullified; that will deter future incidents. He is the best DT in the game. Fine him, suspend, etc. and the added team pressure is enough for me. I like watching him play football.
  16. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,354 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    I'm sure Geno Atkins would have something to say about that. This guy Suh here is a character. Let him take out one of our guys next month these posters will be singing a different tune.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  17. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,512 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    If they kicked him out of the NFL, nobody would miss him, except for Lions fans this season.

We all would survive life in the NFL without a player that dirty.

The NFL would carry on just fine.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,246 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    No. There have been way worse then him in the NFL. The game will police itself with regards to dirty play.
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,336 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    No, I think he will just see a one game suspension after his next incident. Then if it another incident happens he will get multiple games. And it is only a matter of time before he does something stupid again.

Yep. The Vikings will have something for him when they play again later this season.

You also have to look at the leadership of the Lions. Their coach is a jerk, so it is no surprise that a player or two follows suit.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,246 Messages
    1,331 Likes Received
    This. At some point, the leader of that team or the HC should get to him and straighten him out. Some day, that's going to be a penalty that costs the Lions a game and it will be a different discussion.