1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should Suh be banned?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by blindzebra, Sep 10, 2013.

1. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,481 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    He has already been suspended before, so a fine was actually a step back in the process.
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    agree...he is a classic sociopath, on and off the field. Can't stand his face. (and i live in Michigan)
  3. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,174 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Isn't Schwartz like his 2nd HC though he has had issues since coming into the league. I think he maybe Bipolar or something.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,993 Messages
    1,766 Likes Received
    Chuck Cecil wouldn't last 1 year in today's NFL without getting banned for life. Chuck Cecil made a living on head shots.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,233 Messages
    1,257 Likes Received
    Just like a lot of these posters would be singing a different tune if Suh was on the team.
  6. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,707 Messages
    1,484 Likes Received
    You aren't really suggesting posters here would tolerate/defend Suh's tactics if he was a Cowboy are you?
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    No, Schwartz became head coach of the Lions in 2009. Suh was drafted in 2010. He may very well be bipolar.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yes.. he was.

And

Yes.. they would.
  9. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,107 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    I don't think very many people would condone what Suh has done.

I'm sure some would, .. but most people reaize that what he did and has done is dirty, and has nothing to do with football.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received

For doing to an o-lineman what they've been doing to defensive lineman for years?

The Broncos won Superbowls off of blocks at the knees on defensive lineman.

I don't see the uproar here personally. O-line guys have done this type of stuff for years and now I'm supposed to cry because a d-line guy did it back to them?
  11. BraveHeartFan

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    Yep.

And he's right.

Cowboys fans would be making every excuse in the book for why it was just fine.

This.

Exactly.
  12. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,266 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    Its not just this incident. Hes a dirty player and I dont like that.
  13. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,107 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    You can think what you like, but for me, it's not as much what he did, .. it is when he did it.

He went for the knees, out in the open field, 15 yards behind the play, ... with bad intentions.
    NIBGoldenchild likes this.
  14. BraveHeartFan

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    Understood. Believe me I'm not telling anyone else how they should or have to feel about it.

As I said above. I'm not telling anyone to feel any certain way about it.
  15. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,779 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Lets be real here, if you swapped the name of the jersey on that play, we wouldn't even hear about it. The play wasn't even that bad, he's just being judged from past infractions. You can't say he targeted the guy's knee, even from his past history, because if you watch the play it doesn't even seem that way at all.

I can't stand Suh because I think he's a cheap dirty loser, but on that particular play I personally thought Suh knew he couldn't catch up to get in front of him, so he tackled the guy from his left behind side. Regardless, that move he did was stupid and cost his team a TD, hopefully he makes a mistake like that against us.

Also, the people calling for a long suspension are just being ridiculous, there's no way a player should be suspended for THAT play or even fined 100k. If you want to suspend him, then wait till he actually does something dirty, because we all now he will. But that particular play wasn't dirty, not at all.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,960 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    No doubt about it - no excuse for his play.
  17. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    What's really odd about Suh is he doesn't have to play dirty. He just seems to have that mindset. He could/ would be dominating without all that other.

He has a mean streak though that is troubling. After year after year of his crap I don't know how even Lion fans can defend him.
  18. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,174 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Its called a cut block or chop block which are within the rulls. As DL you should expect it. When you are running down field you should not expect a below the knees block that is not accidental that would be called a clip which is illegal. Suh is dirty player and I know for a fact many here would defend him if he was a Cowboy. You would see, "Finally someone that brings attitude to our defense"
  19. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,410 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    Whatever it's called it's a dirty play. Did you see Decastro dive for the DLs leg and take out his teammate Pouncey instead? I guess Pouncey wasn't prepared to be cut blocked from the blindside. Suh's play was questionable at worst and is only illegal based on a newly implemented rule. You can't go high, so he aimed at his waist and missed on a moving target.

I do think Suh is a dirty player, but it is a contact sport, or at least it used to be.
  20. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Yes. he should take himself aside and have a talk with himself to straighten himself out (he's one of the team captains).