1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should Suh be banned?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by blindzebra, Sep 10, 2013.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,535 Likes Received
    He didn't aim at his waist and miss. What a reach He aimed straight at the guys knee.

Offensive lineman aiming at defensive lineman's knees is bad. Unfortunately it is within the rules. At least it occurs in confined spaces and generally there isn't as much momentum gained by either the offensive lineman or defensive lineman. This was out in the open field with the guy running when Suh went low, which is worse than what happens in the trenches. Bad is bad and worse is worse.
  2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,293 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    A cut or chop block the target is just above the knee or below. A block to the side of the knee is a clip. I played football for 3 years in high school and I was literally cut or chopped 10-15 times a game never a single knee injury because of it. I hurt my legs more on tackles than anything, I had 3 hyper extensions, and 4 ankle sprains due to the nature of tackling and pileups.
  3. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Yes, that is right, he is being judged on past infractions - and he should be. He has a history of being once of the dirtiest players in the game, so he gets no benefit of the doubt here.
  4. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    So you pretty much read the whole thing?
  5. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Saying he might kill someone is going a bit far. Saying he might end someone's career is very much within the realm of possibility.
    danielofthesaints likes this.
  6. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Sadly, yes.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    He's a kid and not a team leader. And for the record, I said his HC or a Team Leader. That suggest that contrary to your post, it would be Another Team Leader. You are a football fan. Surely you know that there are typically more then just one team leader do you not? I also said HC or are you going to try and tell me that he also serves that role for Detroit as well?

Lets not be silly here. If you don't agree with the post, that's OK but lets not pretend that this kid is THE team leader. He is not.
  8. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    I was just pointing out the absurdity of a goon like Suh being in a leadership role and having moral authority bestowed on him as a team captain. Wonder what the Lions' players were thinking when they elected him.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I don't disagree with that at all Kristen and to be honest, I don't really consider him a team leader. I think he's a dominating player but I don't see him as a real team leader, if you will. I think they would like to step into that role but that doesn't mean that he will or can. I believe, the leader on that team are Tulloch on D and Stafford and Megatron on O and I agree that the Lions could really use some leadership but never the less, that's what has to happen with Suh. His HC needs to have a real come to Jesus meeting with him and explain things. JMO
  10. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    The quickest way to get into your teammates' good books and show you're a leader is to lead by example rather than by talk. Suh's known around the locker room for his solid work ethic so he's got that part down, but his bully-boy penchant for cheap shots has to be annoying to at least some of his teammates, to the point they don't respect him at all let alone view him as team captain material. I'd prescribe someone side knee snap strike him somewhere along a femoral nerve.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    I think that's extreme. That could effectively end his career, if the placement was as you suggest. I don't think the League wants to have to do that but I do think that if his play continues, there is always that possibility.

He's not the dirtiest player I've ever seen in the NFL. Dobler was worse by far and so was Andre Dirty Waters. This is really the discussion that needs to be had with Suh. Are you going to risk your career on this kind of thing or are you going to clean it up?
  12. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    I was being facetious..mostly, but Suh doesn't strike me as the type of guy who undertakes introspection and self-analysis on a regular basis. It's going to take external stimuli to change his character if that's still possible.
    justbob likes this.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Yes it is.