1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should we re-sign Jenkins?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Hey, your story, you tell it but if your interested, here is what the actual stats show.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11259/mike-jenkins

2011 GP 12. That would mean that 4 games were missed.

2012 GP 9. Now, we know that we have played 12 games so far so that would mean that 3 games were missed.

I mean, you've made it clear that I am no genius but that would indicate to me that Jenkins has missed 7 games in 2 years.

I don't know........

Show me where anybody ever said Scandrick is better then Jenkins but I do think you should make use of the ignore setting. Good call.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received

Well you're right about one thing.. you're no genius. ;)
  3. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    It could be sketchy, which is why I said that it would depend on what the average of the top 5 salaries over the past 5 years would work out to be.

I don't believe that you get any compensation for the lowest tender, which I believe to be a transition designation. I believe that the transition tag gives you right of refusal but that is all. The player gets the average of the top 10 salaries of the prior year at his position or 120 percent, which ever is greater. The player can negotiate a deal with any other team and we would have 7 days to match. If we failed to match, we lose the right to the player and receive no compensation.

4. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Saw the link huh. Yeah, I figured you'd come back with some witty retort, such as this.

Way to stay on point there Roy.

Come back anytime.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received

I did see the link.

In the link, it said that in Jenkins entire career, in his 5th year now, he's missed 7 games.

Imagine that..
  6. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

No, it said he has missed 7 games in two years and 9 games in 5.

Are you absolutely sure your qualified to designate Genius status among your fellow posters?
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    That's like the third time i said it.. glad you finally caught it.

So the guy has missed 9 games in 5 years and we're calling that injury prone now?

Ok, bub..
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,119 Messages
    1,868 Likes Received
    I have no attitude towards him. Unless you meant how I perceive him.

In which case, show me you wont tackle somebody and I'll say that you didn't.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Absolutely. With all the three reciever sets you see nowadays you need three legit starting cornerbacks.
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,773 Messages
    524 Likes Received

This .....

Not that I blame him, if the reasoning I heard was true.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received

But amazingly, you can't seem to understand what, yourself are writing or apparently saying.

I said he has missed seven games in two years. You said he missed 7 in 5. You are incorrect.

He has missed 7 games in 2 years (and counting) and 9 games in 5. Perhaps if you say it enough times, you will get it. However, I must say, I don't hold out a lot of hope for that.

He's injury prone and that's just the facts of the matter. Sorry but that's what the deal is.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    I agree with this but the problem with Jenkins, as I see it, is that he is not on the field enough to warrant the kind of contract he wants. We need a guy who will be there and be healthy enough to make plays. A guy who will make a tackle instead of being interested in saving himself for his next contract.

Some may say that I'm hating on the guy and that's fine but that's what I've seen from him in the past. We have enough of that already. Need this to improve and he's not the only one but he is the one we can do something about immediately.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Its not the facts of the matter.. at all.

He missed 2 games his rookie season. None his sophomore season. None his third season. Seperated his shoulder early in his 4th season and still played in most of the games and was our best CB by far.

This year he's missed a couple games.

So no, the facts of the matter are certainly not that he is injury prone.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    The fact of the matter is that you were wrong about the number of games he has missed and all you have to do is go back and read your own posts to confirm that.

I don't agree that he played well when injured. I don't agree with you. You have your opinion and it is what it is. I have mine and mine does not track with yours.

We will see what teams think about Jenkins but don't present info that is incorrect and then argue the fact or ridicule people when they prove you to be inaccurate on the statements you present as facts. That aint right.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    You continue to say its a fact he's injury prone. That is simply incorrect.

You want to say he played poorly last season? Fine.. but you'll never get me or most here to agree with you. He was our best CB by far and the only one who even tried to break up passes and play the ball.. all with only one arm. He was also our best tackling CB last year with one arm and has been praised highly by Jason, Rob, and others on the coaching staff for his effort and play last season.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

34,361 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    I don't care if you say he played poorly or not. I am not trying to get you to say anything other then the fact that what you originally stated, with regards to games missed, was inaccurate.

You are free to believe what you wish.

I will simply say this. Jason, Rob and the others on the coaching staff think enough about Jenkins that they went out and signed Carr for big dollars in the off season and gave up a considerable price to move up for Claibourne in the Draft, even though they new we had big holes at a lot of different positions, knowing all the while that Jenkins was in his contract year.

Think what you wish. I think that those two moves say a great deal myself.