1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Signals Question of the Day -6

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Signals, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,653 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Does your spouse repeatedly do something even though he/she knows it really bugs you??

2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Hunka Hunka Burning BP Staff Member

66,469 Messages
    11,941 Likes Received
    If you have been married long enough the only answer is yes.

If the answer is no...you are not being truthful.

3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,509 Messages
    4,264 Likes Received
    Of course. :rolleyes:

Surprised you didn't ask what it was. :laugh2:

4. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    Yeah, my wife asks me a question and if I say I don't know she will change the way she asked it thinking it will somehow spark a memory.

5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    The way the question was worded, I have to say you are wrong.

My wife would not "repeatedly" do something if she "knew" it "really bugged" me.

Nor would I.

She is such a sweetheart of a person I can't see her doing that to anyone.

Now I didn't say neither of us ever do something that bugs the other, ... but we wouldn't "repeatedly" do anything that we "knew really bugged" the other.

Why would you do that?

7. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because we aren't all saints.

My wife does not know how to fold and put away towels properly. She has finally stopped folding towels because she knows I will refold them anyways.

8. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cabinets - she can open them, but she's incapable of closing them.

Toothpaste - cap is AWOL by day two.

Milk - she apparently thinks milk likes to sunbathe on the kitchen counter.

Filing - she's under the impression that 10 files or so constitutes enough organization for a family of four (soon to be five).

Her car - is were I go to find missing dishes and clothes.

Other than that, she's great!

9. WV Cowboy

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    See, I figured someone would jump waaaaay out to some ridiculous conclusion that I am claiming we are "saints". I am not saying that.

We just try to stop doing what we "know" drives the other crazy, .. because we are crazy about each other.

Hint: You may have heard the saying, .. "Don't sweat the small stuff", .. the way your wife folds a towel is the small stuff. If that is what she does to drive you crazy, you are a lucky man.
    Either that or she is genius since she now has you folding the towels. :laugh2:

10. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Bingo! :D

This works both ways. I'm not implying that there is nothing that annoys Kilyin about me, because I know there is probably more than one thing he could name.

11. WV Cowboy

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    So let me understand this, .. maybe I don't get the original question.

Are some of you saying that you would "repeatedly" do something even though you know it "bugs the heck" out of your spouse?

Why would you do that?

12. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh yeah....

Towels - wet ones never seem to find their way back to the towel rack or the laundry. The floor or the bed are frequent resting places....

...but other than that....

13. Sam I Am

36,509 Messages
    4,264 Likes Received
    My wife does this too.

My wife really has two things that bug the crap out of me though. One is clutter. She deposits everything on the counter as if that is where it goes.

The second thing she does that annoys me to no end is get out of the shower / tub and doesn't dry off until after she is out. Now that really wouldn't bother me so much except I wear socks around the house because our hardwood floors will really dry your feet out. If she doesn't dry off in the shower, the floor/bathroom rug gets wet and so do my socks when I walk in there. I hate wet socks!

14. Sam I Am

36,509 Messages
    4,264 Likes Received
    I bet she always deposits the wet towl on your side of the bed. hah I hate that too!

15. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ....the worst part is that she uses a minimum of two towels. If I'm gone for a 24 hour shift, there may be as many as 6-8 towels just randomly deposited throughout the house (the kids have adopted mommy's nonchalant attitude towards towel placement).
    :D

16. WV Cowboy

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    I think it is great that you guys still keep your sense of humor about these things.
    After all, aren't we all just tolerating each other any way??

I know my wife has to tolerate a lot about me.

A good sense of humor goes a long way in a relationship.
    My wife and I can laugh together about anything.

Sometimes, if things just suck, all you can do is laugh.

17. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Wouldn't you have figured out by now that you shouldn't walk on the bath mat? I mean, the name of the rug, "bath mat", is pretty indicative of what its purpose is...

I do this, too, and I don't dry off in the shower because I don't want to drag my dry towel along the wet shower curtain or possibly drop it onto the floor of the tub.

So there! :p:

18. Sam I Am

36,509 Messages
    4,264 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

For me what is indicative of it's purpose is so you aren't standing on a cold floor! ;)

Odd, I never have a problem with the shower curtain / walls or dropping the towel. :D

19. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    That's a chance I am unwilling to take!

20. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is not a ridiculous conclusion, it is an expression. My wife and I talk about our differences but it is ridiculous to expect either of us to stop doing everything we know drives the other crazy.

The way my wife folds a towel is small stuff, and instead of sweating it I take care of it myself. I don't expect her to change who she is or how she thinks so I take small stuff like this and do it myself because I know she is doing the same thing with my small stuff that she doesn't like.