1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Sioux Falls NAIA RB Chevon Walker has attracted the interest of N.F.L. scouts.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 23, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,119 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    http://www.news-press.com/article/2...Former-Riverdale-star-looks-for-another-title

A former Riverdale High star, Walker didn't return calls made to him about the championship game. He has had a solid season for the Cougars with 778 yards rushing on 127 carries with 14 touchdowns. He also has a 28.4-yard average on 10 kickoff returns. "He has brought us some experience and depth and athleticsm," Sioux Falls assistant head coach/special teams coach Robert Tucker said.

"He's actually quite versatile. He can run inside or outside. He's had more success running to the outside, stretching the defense and turning on the speed. "He's done a really nice job of buying into what we got going as a team." Tucker said Sioux Falls has benefited from "quite a few Division I transfers" over the years. "A lot of times, they're thinking, 'This is my last shot and I have to make the most of it.'" Walker has perked the interest of NFL scouts who have visited and watched him. "He's really done everything we've asked of him," Tucker said. "He's very coachable; and it's great to see him get along with guys