News: Sirius & Solomon Wilcots

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by adbutcher, Jul 10, 2006.

1. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,967 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    I was listening to Sirius on the way back home from our family reunion and Solomon was pretty outlandish.

First, he is predicting a skinz super bowl appearance but even with the ridiculousness of that assessment that didn’t get under my skin nearly as much as his pompous attitude towards a fan that called in.

The guy was a cowboy fan that lived in Green bay, and Solomon got pretty irate I mean totally unprofessional. It stemmed from the caller given Newman props about not giving up a single touch down last season and Solomon was lying about how every time he saw Newman play last season he was getting beat like a drum, ***?

I tried calling in to point his sorry arse to NFL but I couldn’t get through. He was completely wrong and he didn’t let the caller get a word in inch wise and to my knowledge no one called in to correct him. Man that left a bad taste in my mouth; did anyone hear the same broadcast?
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

28,948 Messages
    9,167 Likes Received
    Who the hell is Solomon Wilcots anyway?;)

I like how mediocre players turned analysts get their digs in, yet could never play to the level of the players they criticize (another famous one for that is Sean Salisbury).
  3. CowboyManDan

CowboyManDan Well-Known Member

1,562 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I missed that. But just wanted to add that I listen to NFL radio alot and enjoy listening to Pat Kirwan the most on NFL radio.
  4. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,967 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Thank you spelling police. :)

Yea Sean is another. I just hope someone/anyone point it out to him that he was flat out wrong!
  5. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,967 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    Me too and Carl Banks is my favorite.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,224 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    No one wants to believe how good Newman is [IMG]

From what Ive heard everyone on Sirius either hates or loves the cowboys, no one just think well be a very good team

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I listen to Sirius all of the time. Here's the breakdown.

Monday mornings Gil Brandt is on. Every monday morning they have a former Cowboys player call in. Most of the calls are Cowboys fans, and at least half of the dialogue is Cowboy oriented on Monday mornings.

The Cowboys haters are Solomon Wilcots and Randy Cross. They obviously hate the Cowboys, and take every chance they can to throw shots over the bows of the Coiwboys fans that are listening. I don't know when they are on (they are not at the same time), but they seem to take any Cowboys fans personally and will not hesitate to get rude with them (us).

Believe it or not, Jerry Rice has said a lot of good things about the Cowboys since he has gotten his show, and has even predicted a Cowboys Superbowl this year.

By the way, Brandt said this morning that Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, and Raiders fans make up 80% of the callers on the NFL Sirius channel and that those teams make the channel what it is.
  8. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Solomon Wilcots
    Position: CB/S
    Height: 5' 11'' Weight: 189
    Born: 10/9/1964, in Los Angeles, CA, USA
    High School: Rubidoux (Riverside, CA)
    College: Colorado
    Regular Season Stats DEF INTS FUMBLESYearAGETeamLGGPSKSFY INTYDSLNGTD TOTOWROPRYDSTD198723CIN NFL 120.00 13737 0 00000198824CIN NFL 160.00 166 0 00200198925CIN NFL 161.00 0000 00000199026CIN NFL 160.00 0000 00130199127MIN NFL 160.00 0000 00000199228PIT NFL 160.00 0000 000006 NFL Season Totals 921.00 24300 00330

2 interceptions and 0 TD's in six seasons? :lmao: Keep talkin Solomon!

This guy couldn't be in the same locker room as TNew's jock.
  9. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,224 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Ive noticed lately, when they get a Cowboy question they try to rush through it.

That may be the problem, they may tired of talking about the Cowboys
  10. Chevyman08

Chevyman08 Active Member

216 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Pat Kerwin, Carl Banks and Gill Brandt are worth listening to. I don't know how Solomon Wilcotts even has a job with Sirius. The guy is a clown. He is always getting players names mixed up.
  11. MossBurner

MossBurner New Member

505 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In all honesty, why do you believe that is a ridiculous prediction?

Most people are currently projecting one of four NFC teams to reach the SB: Panthers, Seahawks, Skins, Boys. Three of those four teams were in the final 8 teams last year, while one wasn't in the playoffs at all.

I think his prediction could be even more ridiculous.
  12. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received

Solomon: I saw Newman a few games in 2004. But, I didn't lay eyes on him all last year. So, I will now rant like a moron rather than acknowledge the facts you have presented.
  13. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,226 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.....I guess
  14. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,287 Messages
    3,589 Likes Received
    Who other than Wilcots is predicting the Redskins in the Superbowl?
  15. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

14,179 Messages
    7,481 Likes Received

He's been in the Press Box for God's sake... what higher authority do you want?
  16. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:lmao: someone should call in during his next show and present him these stats, perhaps even try to update him on Newman's stats from last year. if he can refute that, which he can't, he will look like an arse on his own show. i wish i still had sirius. i'd do it myself.
  17. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

13,456 Messages
    2,896 Likes Received
    I usually like Wilcott's game announcing. But, here's the thing. If you don't believe Newman is that good, how about citing some specific stuff about it.

Don't gloss over the facts like a lot of "analysts" and "experts" often do.

18. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I heard that broadcast. He completely disreguards what Dallas has on Defense. He also obviously thinks that Demarcus Ware isn't in the same class with Merriman from previous broadcasts. I might try and call in tonight...kinda hard to get in there...have to wait forever with those two from what I hear. Anyway, I've always thought of him as a ding-dong, so his comments don't upset me much
  19. 1fisher

1fisher Well-Known Member

5,737 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    based on the skins putrid offensive out put in last seasons playoff appearances! Talk about horrid!:eek:
  20. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's because there is a barrage of callers trying to get through to rip Wilcots for being wrong on just about everything. :mad: