1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sitting Bull's Annual Mock Visions

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sitting Bull, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Leaving town on business until Friday and then directly to San Diego for my annual draft weekend- informally sponsored by Shiner Bock- with three draft-obsessed friends. As a result, I'm forced to turn in my mock earlier than I would like. Hope everyone has as much fun as I will this weekend:

Sitting Bull's 2006 Mock Draft

Round 1 Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio St.
    Very definition of a "Parcells guy" at a position of need.
    alt. selection: Winston Justice OT USC

*I think Dallas will look to swap 2nd & 3rd rounders with a team picking 3-7 picks later in order to recoup the lost 4th rounder*

Round 2 Danieal Manning FS/KR Abilene Christian
    Cowboys not afraid to mine another small school monster who proved he could hang at the Shrine game. Cowboys scouts were on him early; Gosselin hyped him early; Manning wants to be a Cowboy. This one is a lock
    alt. seletion: Demetrius Williams WR Oregon

Round 3 Kevin Boothe OL Cornell
    Versitile sleeper with top intangibles; Played guard and both tackle positions in college. Durability gets questioned due to two broken hands and an ankle injury but a closer look reveals that he barely missed any time because he's a baad man...This is higher than most have him rated but he is a player we've looked at hard and he is all upside, IMO.
    alt. selection: Chris Gocong DE/OLB Cal-Poly

Round 4 (via trade) Tim Day TE Oregon
    Pass-catching TE with huge wingspan and red-zone skills. Multiple sources say we're interested and Day is slotted as a solid 4th round value.
    alt. selection: Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson

Round 5:Jovon Bouknight WR/KR Wyoming
    Insanely productive college WR with excellent hands, courage over the middle and open-field moves. Quick but not fast. Former HS QB with similar skill set to Crayton but much more natural as a return man and would challenge immediately at PR/KR.
    alt. selction: Joe Toledo OT Washington

Round 6:Tommy Jackson DT Auburn
    Stumpy, two-gap run stuffer who is the perfect developmental backup at NT.
    alt. selection: Anthony Mix TE/WR Auburn

Round 7:Troy Bienemann TE/LS Washington St.
    Versatile mid-round value who's stock tanked due to a late-season knee injury. Just the sort of dented-can we like in the later rounds. Elite long-snapping prospect.
    alt. selection: Jon Scifres K SW Missouri St.
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have the Cowboys drafting TWO tight ends??

Yeah, that'll happen...
  3. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no offense...
    but that's awful
  4. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,687 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Gotta agree with the above two.

A tight end in the 4th is a head scratcher. But then to draft a TE/LS in the 7th? You pick a guy like that up as an UDFA, not a draft pick.
  5. Pokes28

Pokes28 Member

364 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love three of the picks. Carpenter is going to be a very solid player, I like Manning's potential (though it doesn't help the FS issue), and I like Tommy Jackson. The rest definitely aren't on my draft radar.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh