1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Six games in, who's the better Playcaller?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aven8, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,036 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Stupid question. Alan ball can't hold Jacques reeves jock strap.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Kind of hard to judge considering our Oline is much better this year. However with that said I think it is obvious that this years offense is doing better.

Now if you happen to find that your argument now becomes is if Bill is only calling Jason's offense the way jason wants them called...and if you do argue that....if bill is only calling jason's offense the way jason wants it called why replace Jason as play caller in the first place.

This could be a conundrum of sorts for some.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    I don't know when Dallas has lost it seems to blame Garrett play calling and when we win then it is look at what Callahan is doing. I think outside of play calling things the Cowboys have done to get plays in quicker by going to a number system allows them to get up to the LOS faster and add to that we are getting better production from the OL
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Could Romo be an acceptable answer?
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received

If you don't think you need a stronger running game then what we've got you're going to be really upset again toward the end of this year. You can throw it all over the field like this if you've got competent defense that can continuely get you out of jams. If you don't then you're in a lot of trouble.

I think things are more smooth this year and we definately seem to do better from start to finish rather than starting out completely cold and having to come storming back every week.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,652 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received

Neither.
  7. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Play calling hasen't been an issue for me except outside a few plays.

We actually seem to have a home field advantage this year as well.
  8. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Well, we should consider Romo had a rib injury, meaning play calling was limited apparently a couple of games. So the basis of judging should really be games when Romo was halthy. I liked Denver and the approach towards Washington via Murray until he got injured, where Dallas was using Murray to effectively counter Haslett's tendency to blitz. I still see things I don't like, such as the tendency to resort to max protect ad 2 TEs sets when an injury happens. But there are clear differences, with Dallas abandoning it and going 4 to 5 WR sets and not simply 'hurry up' and winging it...
  9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    There was that stupid screen to T Will against Kansas with Dez in one-on-one.. That goes down in the record books as one of the dumbest plays ever in the history of the universe, known and unknown...
    Zman5 likes this.
  10. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I'd say that's on Romo.