1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Skip Bayless: Cowboys Fans deserve better than Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 2, 2013.

1. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Benched

97 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    How many decades does Jerry get a pass because of what he did in ancient times? Give me a number on that please.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    Fans don't deserve anything because the Cowboys organization doesn't owe the fans anything. Similarly, fans don't owe the Cowboys organization anything. This is a free market. You can leave whenever you want and seek out a better product.

Now, whether or not Jerry has mismanaged the Cowboys over the past decade or so is a different issue--and a valid one--but it has nothing to do with fans being owed anything.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,653 Messages
    1,011 Likes Received
    Without him, we probably don't have those stacked teams, probably not considered Americas Team, and probably looked at as chumps in the NFC East, trophy wise.
  4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Benched

97 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I can't agree with this at all. If there are no fans to watch the games and buy the stuff then there is no NFL period. They do owe us because we make it all possible for grown men to play a game for a living that makes them rich and famous rather than work a crummy job.
  5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Benched

97 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Just give me a number. How many decades does he get a pass?

BTW, they were "America's Team" long, long before Jones appeared on the scene.
    tantrix1969 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  6. ScipioCowboy

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    They don't owe you anything because you can take your business elsewhere. You're not obligated to watch them.
  7. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Benched

97 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    You tell me how the NFL makes any money without the fans to watch it. Can you do that? Zero fans to watch on TV to generate ad buys, zero fans at the stadium to buy tickets and merchandise. I'm all ears for your explanation.
  8. ScipioCowboy

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    They can't, but it doesn't mean they owe you anything. It's like saying Irish Spring owes you because you buy their soap.

Look, Jerry has a done crap job over the decade. We all acknowledge that, but he doesn't owe you anything.
  9. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,213 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Of course the Cowboys owe their fans. You pay X amount of money for what they are selling. Anytime you sell a product you owe your customer. Period!
  10. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    stephen a smith is seriously one of the most annoying people I've ever seen.
    kristie likes this.
  11. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,653 Messages
    1,011 Likes Received
    7 decades....then complain in your grave
  12. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,294 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Jerry inherited the "America's Team" moniker when he bought the club; we were America's Team long before Jerry Jones. But he's certainly doing his best to give it away.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,171 Messages
    506 Likes Received
    I've heard this nonsense for 15 years. Jerry will do whatever it takes to win ... including horrible drafts, pizz poor talent evaluation, extraordinary cap mismanagement, failure after failure after failure.

ONE effing playoff win in 17 years. Pathetic.
  14. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,118 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    Shut up punk...stop trying to play our fan base...we know full well WHY we hate him. Gasoline holdin mofo! I like how he holds his sports positions as if they were important, like politically/globally etc. Sports dude...you talk about sports.
  15. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Skip is correct... We deserve much better than a drunken Jerry Jones
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  16. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    You don't have to buy the product if you don't like it. He doesn't owe us anything. When you buy the NFL ticket you buy it for all 32 teams. So the NFL is putting a good product on the field. You buy jerseys and shirts right? They are top quality stylish etc... Right? You are paying for a good product. Whatever the football team does in the field is not owed to us we can stop watching anytime we want.
  17. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    He knows his target audience.

The dude knows how to work cowboys fans into a frenzy.
  18. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,569 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Skip Brainless is scum...he and ESPN are perfect for each other...
  19. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,891 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    What bothers me is the implication that the Cowboys fans are magical fans, that they deserve better because their great grandfather caught a ball that bounced off Don Meredith's helmet. There's nothing special about Cowboys fans and the Cowboys don't owe you anything. Go root for another team, it's easier than ever to follow any team you want in the year 2013.

Bills fans haven't even had a .500 season (the same record that Cowboys fans complain about like it's 0-16) in nearly a decade. I never hear anybody say Bills, Jaguars, Rams, etc. fans deserve better.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    It's hard to argue with what Skip says.

I think Jerry is content with being a "show". Would Jerry rather the team win? Of course, but a whole bunch of money and all the attention in the world is a hell of a consolation prize.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.