1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Skip Bayless made it obvious today he doesn't like Cris Carter

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Dec 13, 2011.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,560 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Damm, the debate got kind of serious and out of control and skip was no longer being funny. The way he was looking at Cris carter made the show kind of arkward at that moment. I never seen any of Cris Carter and skip debates but what has happened in the past to make Skip get so hype today with Cris?
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

6,331 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    Don't like and have never liked Skip.

Would love to see him and Troy together though. :D
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,693 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received
    Who knows? I wish I'd seen this though. Sounds like it might have actually been interesting.
  4. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Well-Known Member

3,435 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Good for skip. I hate the both, but I hate skip less...The best part was when he asked him how many rings he had.hahhahahahaa chris retort was same as you ..very witty Mr carter ....clown. Hey is it just me or does anyone get distracted by C.Carters eyebrows. They look like Groucho's, eh just saying
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,560 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Yeah that made no sense because Skip never played football. That would be something Skip would say to Cris
  6. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,409 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Carter always talks like he still plays, that's a little irritating.
  7. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,909 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    LOL. Honestly. I can't stand to listen to him. He rambles on and on. He is terrible to listen to.
  8. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,040 Messages
    3,384 Likes Received
    Skip really doesn't like Stephen A. Smith.
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,560 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    They are friends
  10. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,699 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I think alot more people like Stephen A Smith then people realize. I remember Cowherd talking about how Smith was very well liked and popular, and although he didn't want to mention any names there were people at ESPN where it is assumed they are well liked, but irritate a lot of people.

I bet he was referring to Chris Berman.
  11. OILERMAN

OILERMAN Member

349 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Skip Bayless made a total *** of himself. Carter is a great player and the fact he was never on a SB winning team has no bearing on his opinions. Bayless said he didn't care that Carter was a player and said he still knew more... yea ok.

A few weeks ago they were ranking their top 3 QBs in the league and Bayless didn't have Rodgers in the top 3. Need I say more?
  12. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What? You can't be serious... They are close friends.
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

22,759 Messages
    2,065 Likes Received
    I thought Skip's "No ring" comment was a low blow. But Skip did apologize the day after.

Be that as it may, it's all must-watch television. ESPN's First Take, from what I understand, has drawn huge ratings because of Skip, Steven A. Smith and Tim Tebow. They're now devoting much of their programming to Tim Tebow.

I like Tim Tebow. And I watch, especially when they talk about him. But it is getting to be a bit overkill.

And what I fear is that those who genuinely like Tebow are growing to dislike him because of the ultra hype surrounding him and the irrationality of fans who support him.

Again, I support Tebow. But I understand those who criticize his game, particularly for the first three quarters. I don't expect those who spend their lives analyzing games to embrace the "intangibles" because you can't measure intangibles.

But even if you can't measure them, you have to at least acknowledge them.
  14. BraveHeartFan

24,693 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received
    I've got to go on Youtube and see if I can find video of this segment. It sounds like it was quite entertaining.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,560 Messages
    218 Likes Received

I knew right away that Skip didn't like Cris Carter because you don't like to debate anything with people you don't care to talk to. You let people who you like get away with saying certain things to you but not people you who can't stand to be around. I don't think you see Cris and Skip together again on the show
  16. CowboysFanSince88

4,560 Messages
    218 Likes Received
  17. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,722 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I like how Cris was always looking at Stephen A, practically begging him to help with his argument but Stephen A was just sitting there looking ahead and then finally Stephen A jumped in.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

22,759 Messages
    2,065 Likes Received
    He wasn't looking at Stephen A. Smith to give him help. He was looking incredulous because Skip dismissed his experience as an NFL player.
  20. BraveHeartFan

24,693 Messages
    1,844 Likes Received