1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

So, Any Tweeners Rated in the First Round?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by theogt, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Carp was drafted over Lawson because he was a perfect fit for the LOLB spot minus his height and short arms

as we see now, BP had no idea how Carp would react when moved inside since he never played the position before, don't know where you're getting this "ability to play multiple positions" from
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,031 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    From Bill Parcells's mouth. Listen to the press conferences. He has stated that Carpenter was appealing because he could play multiple positions.
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great. Let's ignore offense for the billionth year in a row.
  4. ghettogandhi

ghettogandhi Active Member

1,002 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    My draft would be 4 olineman, a free safety who can make plays, and a stout dt to help rest Ferguson ( a sumo wrestler type would be perfect) maybe even a real sumo wrestler
  5. theogt

45,031 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    "Around" in the temporal sense encompasses both before and after the fact. Thanks for taking this conversation to new heights.
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I remember it being because he was versatile, that doesn't mean being able to play multiple positions, but in rushing the passer, stopping the run, and playing in coverage

he only talks about moving Carp to ILB because "he's a smart kid and I think he can handle it"

and of course Ellis adapting to the OLB position so well, which wasn't a sure thing in Parcells' mind, per his PCs
  7. theogt

45,031 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    I'm saying we drafted a guy that could step in and play competently at multiple LB positions in the 3-4. Bill loves those players. He dreams about those players.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    "after the draft" is more precise
  9. theogt

45,031 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    Yeah, I guess he just figured out that he was a smart kid that could handle multiple positions AFTER THE DRAFT.;)
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    very good
  11. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

34,987 Messages
    5,031 Likes Received
    If I was a betting man :) I would say that Carp will end the season as the starting SSOLB and will begin next season there.

And while I would not be shocked that we drafted another LB in either rounds 2 or 3 I just doubt we would blow a 1 on one.
  12. theogt

45,031 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    If I was a betting man I would say that Carpenter is not the future of this franchise at LOLB.
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    near, near, near future
  14. wick

wick Active Member

762 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Texas' Brian Robison could be an outstanding conversion in the middle and later rounds. He's an outstanding athlete.
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Gaines Adams is only 250, then Clemson needs to get the batteries on their scales checked
  16. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I know this won't be popular but it may well happen that the best player on the board come our pick will be a CB and it wouldn't be a bad pick even if there are more pressing needs...