1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

So, if Ramsey were available, would you want him?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Scotman, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Scotman

Scotman Member

861 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It took me a bit to get the poll up. Haven't done one before. My answer would be...depends on what he'd cost. He's shown more than Henson or Romo at this point. But you'd be letting go someone who still has potential.

Just a thought. Not sure we could even pull off a trade within the division.
  2. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    uh no....we already have 3 QB's here

David
  3. The Curly One

The Curly One New Member

587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, But he will never be a really good Quarterback until he gets some protection from the offensive line. Right now after one game I do not know if we are any better than the offensive line on the Redskins. With Petiti and Johnson etc I think the potential is there but it has not shown up on the field yet. Too many whiffed blocks and penalties.
    Ramsey is not a real mobile quarterback so he had better have good protection if he is to be any good. Other wise he would be just another tackling dummy like all of our qb's are now. Curly
  4. YN1SCOTT

YN1SCOTT New Member

59 Messages
    0 Likes Received

UUUUHHHHHHHHH NO is right WHY?
  5. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have decided to use the ultimate weapon in this thread.....

If Ramsey were so good, wouldn't Gibbs want him? :p:
  6. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. Om

Om New Member

373 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Patrick is a strange cat. He's likable as hell, has a monster arm, is as humble as any guy you'll ever meet, has a monster arm, after four years still seems to be processing information on the field a beat too slow, has a monster arm, has a penchant to give the ball away to the bad guys as often as find a good guy with it, and has a monster arm.

Gibbs gave him the entire offseason to get his head to finally catch up with his arm, and for whatever reason, it just didn't happen. The one thing Gibbs has always stressed, and will unitl he retires again, is that if you turn the ball over, you won't play.

Tough place for Pat to be in, and his legion of fans are pretty pissed this morning thinking he got short-sheeted by Gibbs. What few of them seem willing to admit or recognize is how Pat's endearing personal traits aren't enough to overcome his inability to harness that monster arm and become a truly professional NFL QB.

I have serious doubts he'll ever become the QB his arm should have let him become, because for 4 years I've waited to see "the light go on" for the kid and see him get to that place we all talk about in QB's where "the game slows down for them." It just never has for Patrick ... so assuming he does end up somewhere else at some point, whoever gets him is going to have to take a leap of faith that THEY can show him the light.
  8. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I say no........Let's go with the QBs we have for better or for worse.
  9. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,374 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Ramsey never played baseball, what would we do with him? :confused:
  10. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,329 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    yes...definitely...he's a young strong armed QB who's shown some ability and has experience...I'd keep which ever QB on our roster that we think has the most potential, cut the other one, and bring in Ramsey, but he is not and probably will not be available.
  11. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,334 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Id like to see Dallas continue to develop Romo, I think he has alot more upside then alot of the other young QBs in the league. You look at Boller, Harrington and Carr and they just lock in on their primary WR and throw to him regardless. Romo appears to have a better ability to read defenses and go through his progressions, he also has excellent pocket presense and feels the rush very nicely. He reminds me alot of a Steve Young but hes not quite as accurate as Young. I think he just needs time to develop.
  12. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Last year before we traded for Henson I was calling for a trade for Ramsey. But we now have our very own young QB with a monster arm who is working on the mental part of the game. I see no reason to bring in another young QB with a monster arm who is working on the mental part of the game.

So NO I wouldn't bring him in.
  13. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,835 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Matt Hasselbeck will be are next starting QB
  14. ljs44

ljs44 Member

459 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Hhheeeeellllllll No
  15. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Didn't he just get a new deal with Seattle? I don't think he will be comeing here...at least I hope not. I'm just not that impressed with Hasselback.
  16. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,112 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Was this you're feeling before Gibbs benched him?
  17. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bah! Draft another rookie (~~sigh~~) and let Bledsoe stay another year if he continues to play like he did in week one.
  18. CalMor

CalMor New Member

209 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But, does he have a monster arm?
  19. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly, if he didn't play baseball and never played for Parcells, Jerry & Bill wouldn't even take a look at him.

I don't want him because he isn't enough of an upgrade over what we have now. We would trade one project for another, what's the point?
  20. TheOneROWilliE

TheOneROWilliE New Member

246 Messages
    0 Likes Received