1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

So I'm watching multiple Youtube Highlights

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rags747, Mar 1, 2012.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    and none of these DL really impress me all that much. It's a shame as we could really use a pressure player on the line but I just have not seen him.

If we go defense I'm really thinking Kirkpatrick. The guy has great size, shows a lot of attitude, has a lot of fire in him, seems to have some Irvin in him. I just think it's something our defense really needs. I also really like Hightower & the BC LB'er Kuechly but will LB really help us out all that much.

Love Decastro but not sure they will go guard at 14.

Anyone else feel like this?
  2. poost

poost Active Member

704 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Say we resign Spencer, sign Center Chris Myers, CB Brandon Carr, and NT Soliai.

Would you be happy with signing the BC LB and drafting a corner in the second, say Minnefield?
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,087 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Bruce Carter will/needs to get a shot to play. Sign a vet ILB to back him up but 3 straight years of an ILB in the 1st 2 rounds is not worth it to me. I'd be very happy with those FA's and would be even happier if we got DeCastro/Glenn. We would then have only 1 serious weakness at FS and I'd feel great heading into next year.
  4. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,843 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Mike Mayock said the draft is extremely deep at DT. He thinks 5 or 6 DT's may go in round 1.
  5. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    the draft may be 5 or 6 deep in rnd 1 for dl but are any of them really difference makers? I have not really seen one where I say I gotta have that guy.
  6. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,846 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Most of these guys have holes in their games, but if they didn't they'd be going top-5.
  7. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know who has an impressive youtube highlight video?

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

;)
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    We're not seeing the same thing then
    I think the DL prospects are very impressive this year. They may the strength of the entire 1st day of the draft.

That's why the draft is a crapshoot though. We'll see in a few years, I guess.
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,878 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,565 Messages
    2,945 Likes Received
    Yes. Just worry about Bruce Carter at that point. You pretty much have to project him as a nickel LB or SOLB at that point.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,565 Messages
    2,945 Likes Received
    He wasn't terribly impressive. He was merely a superior athlete...very rarely in his return vids did he display vision or have to make someone miss, etc.

I was wrong though. I mocked him to us in the 4th round that entire off-season.