1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

So they finally admit the truth-somewhat

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Sep 18, 2008.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,453 Messages
    3,735 Likes Received
    I bet those were the files that Sandy was smuggling out in his pants.
  3. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,273 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    I am sorry these PoS's deserved to die. Just like Aldrich Ames and Robert Hanson. My profession is catching people like this, life in prison is too good for them.

Face it kids, mommy and daddy were worthless traitors.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,453 Messages
    3,735 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem with them dying.

I just feel sorry for innocent people, not these two, who were labeled as spies or communists and ruined even though they never did anything wrong.

There were probably a good number of people who did nothing wrong but were labeled that way because of political reasons or just because someone did not do their job right.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,851 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    I am as conservative and a pro death penalty as anyone here.

But I do not think these 2 deserved to be fried like murderers.

Imprisoned for decades, yes, but killing them, seems to me, to be a by product of the hysteria of that time period.
  6. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    The penalty for treason has always been death and that is the way it should remain. Those two helped the most evil state after Hitler's get the atomic bomb that WOULD have been used against US. Does not get any more basic then that.
  7. zrinkill

32,851 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    I believe in what the bible says ....

An eye for an eye ...... tooth for a tooth.

They were not responsible for anyones death.

They should have been stripped of all their possessions as a United States citizen, stripped of their citizenship, put on a boat with enough gas to make it to another country, a compass, and a map ..... with only the clothes on their backs and no money.

and told if the tried to return or were ever found on United States soil again they would be shot on sight.

Thats how I would handle traitors as long as they had not committed murder.
  8. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, hang on a tick. Was not this intelligence breach the one that gave the Soviet Union nuclear weapons? And was not the threat of nuclear war the bridge upon which the Soviet Union strode to cement their grasp on Eastern Europ? To encircle East Berlin with barbed wire and fortifications, themselves facing East to prevent an exodus from their "worker's paradise"? Under pain of death? There is something to be said for the Law of Unintended Consequences...
  9. zrinkill

32,851 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Then they should have fried the guys who originally invented it and used it.

Oh Wait!!
  10. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    The Soviet Union getting the bomb and then helping China get theirs -they contributed to that. How many died because of all that?