1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Some Fans Overreact

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jr40usa, Dec 4, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,822 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    and we have at least as many flaws as Washington and more than the Giants.
    And we have less history of playing consistent football then either of them.
  2. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    16 years of mediocrity and seeing the same old mistakes time and time again will give many fans hesitation for optimism. Like another poster said, NY has shown that they can get on a run and can win SB's which should give their fans hope, and Washington has a new exciting team and don't have to look at Rex Grossman throwing interceptions all over the place which would give them hope. The Cowboys don't have that kind of past or present to look forward to for fans to expect anything other than mediocrity from this current group.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    I'm not worried about history only the future and the games in front of Cowboys. Nothing that happened in the past ensures that is how things will turn out now.

Funny you claim Washington has a history of consistent? since when? :lmao2:

I have not once claimed this Cowboys team is a lock but I will continue to pull for them to get over that hump and make it to post season you do what you want.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Some people here(homers) remind me of this clip below. It doesn't matter how poorly coached we are or how we have a ton of quality players out hurt, or how we looked against Philly and Washington etc.

[youtube]KX5jNnDMfxA[/youtube]
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I understand threads like these when all hope is lost. But when there is a chance, a shot to get to the playoffs and fans act like this it shows their level of commitment to their team.

I have been one of the most critical posters of this team this year. Everyone from Jerry to Red to many different players and coaches. But the utter foolishness of outright saying it is an overreaction for "FANS" to have hope for the playoffs when there is still a chance shows they are only passive fans. Meaning ones who really don't have a passion for the team, just a passing interest.

Since the word fan comes from the word fanatic, you really can't classify them as fans. They would be more like an interested part time observer of the Cowboys.

If you want to criticize the team for mistakes they have made, have at it. But to criticize fans for having hope when there is a realistic chance at making the playoffs is nonsense.

Which brings me to a request of the mods....Can we have a "Doom and Gloom" zone where the interested observers of the Cowboys can post their thoughts and opinions?
  6. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    You're wasting your time, he won't listen. Trust me, I have tired.
  7. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Facing reality doesn't mean a fan isn't pulling for their team to win. It would tickle the crap out of me for us to win the next four and make the playoffs. However, what makes anyone think this team will actually do that? What have you seen this year that makes you think we will reel off 5 in a row? Injuries are my main concern. Our defense has been decimated. Poor coaching decisions and bad OL play comes in a close second. No one will pull harder for them to win the next four, but I'm not getting my hopes up once again just to see us crash and burn. I've seen this movie too many times the last 15 years.
  8. burmafrd

41,822 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it. You have fallen right into that trap.
  9. burmafrd

41,822 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    and also a happy fan zone as well since there are plenty of them as well
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone here is ok with average. But we are sitting here with a shot at the playoffs. We can do a thing about the past games. But we can win the future games. Wouldn't everyone be happy we made the playoffs at 10-6 or even 9-7 and went on to win the Super Bowl? Isn't that what the ultimate purpose is?
  11. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    I understand that I'm not worried about 16 years past only 4 games in front of us. My expectation are for the Cowboys to go out there and win games, if they fail then I'll be disappointed but I'm a fan I hang with my team I don't turn on them I don't say well they failed last year so that means they fail this year. What other so called fans do well I don't care.

I watch the Cowboys for my own pleasure not yours or any other fan and have done so since 1965. I don't give up on them I don't throw in the towel on them I stay till the end. I can accept the outcome either way but will fully support them
  12. burmafrd

41,822 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    sorry but too many here ARE OK with average. Which is what a team is that really does not deserve to get there and basically lucks in.

This team is NOT a SB contending team that we should be proud of.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Who's pumping sunshine? Please show me a post where someone has stated something that isn't a fact about where the team is right now? But I CAN show you plenty of doom and gloomers who said this team has NO shot which is not fact.

Simply pointing out the facts and having hope is NOT sunshine pumping. That would be something like when we are eliminated from the playoffs and then people sit here and say,it wasn't that bad considering blah blah blah.
  14. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    BS, save the cliché. You are only bound by the past if you choose to.
  15. burmafrd

41,822 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    it is not a cliche. Clearly you do not get that. And clearly you have chosen to ignore history.

This team has no history of doing what would be needed to get there. But you deny that and close your eyes and sing kumbaya
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No one said they WILL. Only that they can. Which is why they play the games.
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well, based on history, no one would have ever won the Super Bowl. History always has a beginning.
  18. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Says who? You? I'm not satisfied with how this team has played but I'm not going to turn and run from them. They are my team I am their fan I will support them if they fail well there is nothing I can do about it, if they succeed I'll be there to celebrate with other true fans. This is not life and death it is a football game. I support my team what you and other do is your own business.

As for the last statement, I'm always proud to be a Cowboys fan and if this team were to somehow find their way to the SB like NY did last year I would gladly take it. If I had my way we would be 16-0 every year with a SB at the end of the season but that is not reality, things do not always go as I hope but I don't back stab my team I don't whine when things are not going as I hoped. I'm a grown man not some little kid.
  19. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    I rather enjoyed his cliche and think he is spot on. We see almost the same story unfold every year and we already know what happens at the end. Until we fix the problems on this team, that story isn't going to change.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
  20. Doomsday101

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    You can't change what has taken place before you can only change what is in front of you. Right now a key WR is showing he is getting it, a very good RB is back in the lineup. Most of the games we have lost have come down to 1 or 2 plays will the emergency of Dez and the return of Murray be enough? I don't but this is not last year or the year before. You want to live in the past go for it. But this non sense of well this is what happened last year so that means it will happen again. BS get a clue