1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Some things about that Giants game.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GusTheo, Oct 31, 2012.

1. GusTheo

GusTheo Active Member

166 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I'm sitting here with no power on my cell phone just thinking, here are my thoughts.

INT #1: On Dez, has to break sooner and cross the safety's face there, can't allow him to make that pick.

INT #2: On Romo. Not only was a perfect throw needed there but needed to get lucky. Bad decision.

INT #3: A playmaker making a play. JPP just a heads up play to read that he wasn't getting to the QB and his athleticism allowed him to make a hell of a play.

INT #4: Desperation play, is what it is.

Romo didn't play great in the first half, but it was hardly on him. Everything combined just made for a god awful first half. Everyone could've played better on offense (ill give witten a pass, he was excellent)

I think Garrett needs to be fired... as the offensive coordinator. You can't wear 2 hats, just way too much responsibility. At one point in the game there was a questionable call made and JG was complaining. The announcer then pointed out "Garrett realized he needs to get a play into his offense." Sometimes a head coach needs to get into a refs ear, who knows maybe down the line you buy a call. But JG got to speak to the ref for barely any time at all and when he stopped he was behind the 8 ball in getting a play in. We NEED an OC who's sole responsibility is devising a gameplan and calling plays.

I like Dez Bryant, but he needs to be held responsible when he makes bone headed plays. It will benefit him in the future. We need to treat him on the field the way we do off. If he makes a mistake, he needs to hear about it. That being said, if this guy ever puts it all together he's gonna be scary good.

I think the only attempted screen pass was the JPP pick. To me, in today's NFL that's like another way of generating "a run game."

The defense played an absolute awesome game against a very good offense. I think Matty Ice is in for a dude awakening this week. And the difference I've seen in the defense is Jay Ratliff. Not only does be bring another element to this defense physically, he's a natural leader on defense. People feed off him.

That's about it for now.