1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Something I found interesting

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by stasheroo, Aug 11, 2011.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

28,254 Messages
    11,379 Likes Received
    Agent says Giants were never promised a chance to match Smith offer

Posted by Mike Florio on August 11, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
    Giants coach Tom Coughlin has donned his best constipated rhino face today, after Pro Bowl wideout Steve Smith became the latest big-name free agent to join the Eagles. Coughlin says the Giants were promised a chance to match any other offers.

Agent Ben Dogra, who represents Smith, disagrees with the notion that a promise was made.

I did not,” Dogra tells Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger. “I never told them at any point. And, in fact, I’ll take it a step further. I told them, ‘Hey, I just want to be candid with you, I have another team that’s going to be in the mix on a one-year deal.’ So I did tell them that.
    “If you have a sense of urgency, sometimes when you have a free agent, you can negotiate against yourself, you negotiate and wait for us or you just negotiate to get a deal done. That’s the prerogative of the club. We have no obligation to go back.”

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

This looks eerliy similar to our own situation with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha.

Same agent.

Same situation.

Same team that they eventually signed with.

I wonder how many other Dogra clients are now employed by the Eagles?