1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Something I Have Noticed About the "Bailout"

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Hostile, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,363 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    A lot of posters in here from both sides of the fence are wary of it. I can't help but wonder why there is such a rush to make it happen. Make no mistake about it, I hope it works because heaven knows we need it badly in this country right now.

It is amazing to me that parties can divide people, but a risky move like this shows we really are not all that different.
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep, there were several instances where I found myself using the old :hammer: when refering to posts made by people I never ever agree with.

This 700B bailout disgusted most Americans and this board was a great representation of it.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well, then doesn't this suggest that maybe our role in the government that supposedly represents us is largely window dressing?
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    Absolutely it is. Guaranteed they wouldn't have gotten a majority to approve of that spending.

Taxation with misrepresentation.

The people we elect to make decisions for us mostly go sour and start helping their own cause, selling the public down river so taxpayer dollars can go to those bogus add-ins that they tacked on to the bailout bill.

And thats the tip of the iceberg. I'd really like to see where some of those dollars go.

I wanna know what person, what scum of the earth slime ball stood up and said:

"Ya know, were in the middle of a huge crisis and I understand the importance of getting things done but I really think that we need to address children's arrows at some point today"

Shows you where the priorities REALLY are.
  5. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,606 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    They are right about one thing credit is frozen and that effects small business more then big, also it is really hard to get a loan right now no matter what. I have heard banks asking that you have 30% down and 750 credit score for 10K loans. So ultimately this bailout is to aid in the credit freeze, I just don't believe it especially with all the earmarks that are in it now also.
  6. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The iceberg itself is the exclusion of the American citizens role in matters of Governing. Superfluous issues are paraded out as defining issues of our country, i.e. gay marriage, abortion, etc, but these are just diversions to keep us divided and unaware of what their real goals are.

We're seeing the socialization of our financial system.
  7. Hostile

118,363 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    Sadly, that is exactly what it means. Which is exactly why in ABQ's questions to ask the Government I asked if they would like to face the Founding Fathers to defend our Government today.
  8. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You know what any politician today would do, in the face of our founding fathers? Lie and say they are doing their best to uphold their principles. With a straight face and partially believe it.

That's the problem, lying has become a culture; in a tattletale culture of politics, lying is no longer a sin, it's a rule of engagement.

Despite the will of the people a major, future defining bill was voted for. How can anyone vote with any degree of confidence that it matters?
  9. Hostile

118,363 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    Never thought I'd say this about a post in this forum.

Post of the day.
  10. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,007 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    I blame "Human Error"... or is it "Human Era"