1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Sources: Defensive staff must interview for jobs

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,799 Messages
    7,161 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys' defensive coaching staff will have to interview with a new defensive coordinator to keep their jobs, sources said Wednesday.

In addition, the Cowboys are open to allowing those assistants who remain under contract to interview for jobs with other teams. The Cowboys would have to grant permission for them to take those jobs with other teams, if offered.

The Cowboys released defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Tuesday evening and are thinking of changing their defensive alignment from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...urces-defensive-staff-must-interview-for-jobs
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,682 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    They also must punch a timecard and do the dolphin adventure together at Seaworld.

Its like the Campo years v2
  3. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,758 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I disagree, they are under contract, and the new DC may want to keep some of them. Why flush the whole thing if the incoming DC then says, "Hey I liked your LBer coach and would have retained him." There is no harm in keeping them until the new DC says otherwise.
  4. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,987 Messages
    1,651 Likes Received
    If team sources are 'thinking of moving to a 3-4' and they are not firing coaches without someone set up then we are moving to a 4-3. Why bring it up otherwise?

I will try and think positive.
  5. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,753 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    Material adverse change. Theses guys have been told that they have to re-interview for their jobs by a foreman, yet to be determined and are free to play the field. They'd be idiots to not look elsewhere, time is of the essence during the musical chair off-season.