1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Spags on Sporting News Radio right now

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Tass, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,923 Messages
    136 Likes Received
  2. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,365 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    yes, please recap. I can't listen right now.
  4. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,923 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    Says he knew it was marijuana

They didn't want the Cowboys QB to be the only NFL QB to be in trouble for drugs

They didn't want to risk $$$ and their future on a drug problem QB

Says the Boys were NOT looking for an excuse to release him

Parcells knows this move doesn't help them for this year

Says QB position has to be the most trustworthy position...judged differently than LBs and WRs

Going to go with the QBs they have

Might look for a vet QB at the end of preseason cuts

Thinks our season is a loss. (Jerk!)

They don't want to throw Drew to the wolves. Hutch never recovered.
  5. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,923 Messages
    136 Likes Received

Clarification: Mickey is saying our season is a loss, not the Dallas organization.
  6. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,365 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting.

Interesting stuff.

The season a loss? Come on Spags, only time will tell.
  7. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Parcells has set him self up to be a genius again.
    If Dallas makes the Playoffs again it will just be another notch in his belt.
    Everyone in the media thinks we are done.
    If we do it with Vinnie all you will hear is about how Parcells is a genius.
    I actually think everyone is under estimating his ability to know how to put Vinnie in the exact right situations. If there is anyone on this planet who will know how to use vets like KEY, Vinnie, and George it is Parcells.
    I just hope by seasons end the media is all over Parcells jock again.
  8. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,625 Messages
    1,014 Likes Received
    If our season is lost, that's all the more reason to get Drew and Tony playing time, otherwise we enter next year in the same boat.
  9. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,923 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    I called in to the host (who is a Dallas hater). He was crowing about how our season was over. I said:

"You act like we lost Bret Favre or something! We won despite Q last year, not because of him."

He then said Philly got better, Washington got better, NY got better, and we got worse. He cut me off before I could reply (!) and THEN he acted like it was ME who hung up on the air! What a jerk!
  10. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,365 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    most of the media thought our season was done with Carter.
  11. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,365 Messages
    160 Likes Received

LMAO!! that is a riot. Washington might be better but NY will not be this season.

God, everyone overlooks the Cowboys.
  12. Shaun

Shaun Member

317 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Washington and New York may have improved, but they were far behind in the first place. I don't think they have caught up.
  13. Cheap Shot Artist

Cheap Shot Artist Benched

981 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No kidding...all Vinny did in his last full season under Parcells was throw 29 TD's 7 INTS' , a completion percentage of 62 and lead his team to the AFC championship game

Now, we have offensive personnel thats eerily similar to the '98 Jets, and we have a #1 defense thats been improved

Nice call Pricky...
  14. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,760 Messages
    62 Likes Received

BP's problem is not these vets themselves, but rather if they can play up to the physical ability required to be successful in this league. The issue won't be whether BP calls the right play, its whether Vinny can make the throw fast enough or shake off the big hit, George can cut back hard enough and Key can run down the bomb or outjump the defender. It's more about the age and diminishing physical skills. Let's hope they haven't diminished that much.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,292 Messages
    6,582 Likes Received
    People underestimating the Cowboys again.

They never learn. :D
  16. LesPaul

LesPaul Member

86 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Hopefully other teams will do the same.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,501 Messages
    5,162 Likes Received
    We have a 41 yo QB. Con. He's strong and hasn't played a lot in the last few years so a little pro here. We have no back up for a 41 yo QB. Con. Big one. The big one. Vinnie has experience, knows the game and the offense and Parcells. He knows how to play. Pro. Can he still do it?

We have no real RB. George can grind. George probably can't stay healthy. Lee and Jones better step up. Big question mark number two.

The left side of the OL can play. Can Allen stay healthy? The center is a rookie. The RG is an unknown and the RT has no name yet. We have depth.

The WRs are fine.

The TEs are fine.

The defense is ok if we can get a starting CB and avoid injury to whomever that is on the right and Newman plays as expected. We have some depth. Maybe.

LBs and DL is ok. Do we have a pass rush?

Safety was great until Woodson showed his age. This is why you don't depend on old players to play all season. Dixon and Davis and ??? better play.

This is a lot of ifs.

But all that's changed is we lost our starting QB. Is that enough to throw the towel in???

We are still anywhere from a playoff contender to playoff team. Our chance at a SB went from longshot to way way longshot.

We'll get by with a little help from our friends.
  18. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

3,428 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    What do you mean?

It is the '98 Jets.
  19. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,845 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    those vinny stats are from five years ago. clearly this situation will have a negative impact on the offense's ability. they have already condensed the playbook for vinny. who's wearing blinders now?
  20. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,845 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    give me a break. reality check... what has the team done over the last seven years that has them magically bullet-proof in your book?