1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Sports Illustrated already declared Steelers champs!!

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by BigDFan5, Feb 5, 2006.

1. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,966 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    wow this is kind of funny from pft

SI PRESUMING STEELERS WIN?

An astute reader who saw an offer on television for a Sports Illustrated package honoring the National Champion Texas Longhorns did a little digging and found out that the guys at SI are preparing a similar package for the ultimate winner of Super Bowl XL.

Since the Texas thing can be purchased via sitexasoffer.com, the reader punched in both sipittsburghoffer.com and siseattle.com.

Both addresses link to an offer for a Super Bowl champion package. However, both links declare that the champions are the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    [​IMG]

Hey, Seahawks . . . . you gonna take that crap?

2. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

3,029 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Maybe it was a typo.

sipittsburghoffer.com

siseattle.com

3. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I have a customer, the Danbury Mint, who's got brochures for all their Steeler memorabilia ready for us to print on Monday AM and deliver to their warehouse by Thursday...oddly enough (or not) they have nothing ready to print if the Seahawks win.

I guess this is a tribute to Steeler fans... :eek:

4. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The fix is in.

5. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Watching this 33,353 hour pregame show on ESPN, I have to think gettin' the Steelers stuff ready is a safe bet. Someone was showing the stats on Seattle's opponents and making me remember even more how close that game was with us. Pittsburgh's defense (and a lot of their offense) is just a better version of the Cowboys. Pretty similar philosophies. We should have won that game. I have to figure the Steelers have a great shot.

6. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

4,069 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I am going to type in sidallasoffer.com.:cunning:

7. jgboys1

4,069 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Nothing......:cry2:

8. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yeah, they are gonna pound Seattle and make them "tap out." 37-13.

9. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Try sidallas2059offer.

10. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gawd I really hope the Seahawks pull the upset here. As a Cowboy fan I would like nothing more than to see the Stelers fall flat on their face. What nobody fails to mention is that Holmgren has already won a Super Bowl and knows exactly how to prepare his team. Cowher has yet to win the big game and questons still linger about whether he ever can/will. The coaching matchup favors the Seahwaks so here's to hoping that's the difference for a Seattle victory.

Plus if the Sehawks win the big show this will be good for our own team next year. It will create a feeling that our team is closer than anybidy gives them credit for, knowing how easily we were able to play with Seattle and truly had an ability to beat them. That's the kind of thing that can wake up a team - especailly one that is as young as ours at so many critical positions!

Go Seattle!!!

AF

11. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,992 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Same thing happen to the Rockets when they beat the Knicks in 94. SI had nothing for the Rockets. They finally did one that was realesed in Texas.

12. jgboys1

4,069 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Hopefully history repeats its self!

13. jgboys1

4,069 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Still nothing!!!!:bang2:

14. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,475 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    "Celebrate the Dallas Cowboys' 50th Super Bowl win!!"

Hey, a guy can dream right??:lmao2:

15. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

6,562 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    pretty similar to OU playing Florida St in the 2000 championship game also...the only places that had anything OU national champions on it were printed in Norman right after the game.

16. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,334 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    I would imagine that they have had both prepared since a couple of days after they both won their conferences. They always have the commercial ready to go shortly after the game is over.

17. jcollins28

jcollins28 Well-Known Member

1,536 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    No big deal here is SI's Seahawks stuff.

[​IMG]

18. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,966 Messages
    127 Likes Received

where did you find that