1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Cowboys' Brandon Carr playing without putting pressure on himself, unlike last year

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 15, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

23,247 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    Brandon Carr, coming off perhaps his most impactful game with the Cowboys since signing his $50.1 million free agent contract, said he has stopped putting pressure on himself.

“I don’t feel pressure any more,” the veteran cornerback said Monday at Valley Ranch. “I put it on myself last year. It’s a new year. I’m still working, still trying to get better. I’m going to continue to evolve as a player. I’m not going to put pressure on myself. I’m going to continue to have fun and show the passion I have for this game and make plays.”

Carr had six tackles, a tackle for loss, and three pass breakups against the Redskins on Sunday. Instead of playing just one side of the field, he stayed with the Redskins’ No. 1 target, Pierre Garcon, and limited him to six catches for 69 yards on 15 targets. Last week, he did the same against the Broncos’ Demaryius Thomas.

“You can call it what you want to call it,” Carr said. “I’m going to go out there and do my job wherever they match me up, or on the side I play. I’m going to try to shut it down. It’s a compliment to me and a great challenge for me. I have been working to get to this level for six years now.”

Carr said he still sees himself developing.

“I’m still a work in progress, but I’m down for any task or challenge they present to me,” Carr said. “Any receiver they tell me to go out and cover or give them my best shot, that is what I’m going to do every Sunday.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,459 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Love this guy.
  3. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    didn't realize he did such a good job in the denver game.
  4. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,172 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Great investment. Love how hungry Carr sounds even after getting paid 50 mil.

The Cowboys did their homework on this one.
    The Natural likes this.