1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Derrick Dockery working with starting unit at left guard along with Bill Nagy

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 14, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Although the Cowboys said all the right thing about their offensive line play, particularly the three first year starters, after Sunday's game against the Jets, they did acknowledge there were problems in the interior.

Specifically, rookie Bill Nagy was pushed back several times in the run and passing game. While he plays with good technique, size and strength is a problem for him and the Cowboys _ especially when they are already playing with an undersize center in Phil Costa and a smallish right guard in Kyle Kosier.

It is one reason the Cowboys struggled running the ball against the Jets.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...guard-along-with-bill-nagy.html#ixzz1XwyJyNZz
  2. brickman

brickman Well-Known Member

1,370 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Maybe they are thinking of using Dockery in short yardage situations.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I think, and i hope.. its more like they are thinking of replacing Nagy with Dockery.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,151 Messages
    2,781 Likes Received
    Was there a misprint in there about the conversation with Jerry?

It sounded like Dockery was replacing Costa.
  5. CowboyRob

CowboyRob Benched

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yesterday Hostile said Dockery wasn't replacing Nagy.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,032 Messages
    2,821 Likes Received
    Right now I would think they are trying to get Dockery in shape since he did not have a training camp and to get him up to speed on offense. As for him replacing Nagy I think that should come down to who is showing the most to the coaches.

I think Nagy has a future with the Cowboys but if Dockery can perform at a higher level then put him in.

I know some think this team has no chance this year but I don't think the Cowboys or the coaches believe that and will do everything they can to win now.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    This is what I think.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    lol

You'll learn eventually that Hostile's opinions arn't more valuable than anyone elses on the board. They're just opinions, no fact based behind them.

Im sure whoever shows more will start. Personally, i think the coaches had to have noticed Nagy was responsible for the pocket behind pushed back and collapsed a number of times and in the run game he was simply ineffective most of the time with not being able to get a push at all. If Dockery is in good enough shape and can learn the scheme, i would imagine we see him starting in a week or two.
  9. zrinkill

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Grats on a revealing first post.
  10. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    High School (son went to School with him) and hes actaully got a ton of talent but will get a little lazy. Hes got the Strength and Technique and my thinking was if the Cowboys Signed him this might be a huge motivation thing for him since he grew up in this area. I'm looking for a boost on the OL with him in there.
  11. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    insecure much?

Please remember not to act like you have any cred whatsoever here at the zone.

We thank you!
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,955 Messages
    2,186 Likes Received
    Yeah. My thoughts exactly.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Insecure? lol

Im pointing out that you don't take a poster's opinion as fact, that's really all there is to it.

As for "board cred".. i'll leave that to the people with nothing better to live for.

Sheesh.. :laugh2:
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,718 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  15. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,704 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    Anyone watch the Patriots game Monday Night?

If so, how did Brian Waters look to you?

:confused:
  16. zrinkill

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  17. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,592 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Don't remind us. Brian Waters would have been a great stop gap for a season or three until either Nagy or Arkin grew into the position.

And it would have been nice to have a 3rd WR that the coaches trusted in crunch time. Bryant is dang good, but he is fragile for such a physical player. Cowboys were playing with 10 men at the end of that Jets game. Enough is enough, if Cowboys are not confident in Ogletree, then bring in a vet that they are comfortable with. Playing an injured Bryant in a game, big game especially, was painful to watch.

Still say, Jerry needs to woo Randy Moss. He would be the most lethal 3rd WR in the entire league.
  18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,704 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    I still have no idea why that move wasn't made.

Everything I ever read about Waters said 'Garrett guy' to me as well.

Great player, hard worker, great person.

On the plus side, at least they eventually wised-up regarding getting rid of Montrae Holland.

Wonder who picked him up?
  19. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,404 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Not that Hos needs anyone running to defend him, but IMHO his opinion is usually an educated well thought out opinion. No one, including Hos is right 100 percent of the time. I don't know why you felt the need to run and throw him under the bus, or to try to discredit his opinions, but i personally think he brings a lot to this board, and am always interested in what he has to say. I place his opinion on the same level as I do AdamJt13. When they say something you should probably listen and give what they say some consideration.
  20. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Maybe few verbal/board spats lost, left bitter taste?:laugh2: