1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Frederick on all-rookie team

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jan 14, 2014.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,445 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    I must admit I was luke warm about Freddie. But the guy is the reason the line gelled.

Now Jerry, show me this wasn't serendipitous and draft a guard that can play for maybe the first time since you have been playing Madden in a grand scale.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,649 Messages
    1,519 Likes Received
    A lot of so-called experts in the media owe the Cowboys an apology.

Very nice trade down to get TFred and TWill. And athough TFred and Keenan Allen or Terron Armstead would have been even better...can't be spiltting hairs.
    ringmaster likes this.
  3. cej757

cej757 Active Member

287 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    T
    That's what Nick Eatman and Bryan Broaddus said they heard after the draft, that the Cowboys were upset when Minnesota got back in the 1st rd and took Patterson. He was the guy they were targeting at 31. Kinda makes sense since No one had Fredrick projected to go 1st rd. Jerry reached on a need pick at that point and he hit on it.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,610 Messages
    1,064 Likes Received
    The Cowboys need 3 more just like him on the offense!

I absolutely admire the guy.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,941 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Much deserved, he played very well.
  6. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,434 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Good for him. If Jerry can pull trade down 2.0 this year we could be in much better shape on that d-line.
  7. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Props to Jerry!
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,128 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    I don't know about that. Allen's presence might have meant that he becomes the starter and possibly even more wins. Allen is a much better WR then Williams, at this stage of each players development IMO. Of course, that is only my opinion but the point being that you can't say his numbers would have been similar because we can't know that.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,637 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    I agree that he's better than TWill right now, but his numbers are still better because he essentially became their number one. In Dallas, he still would have been the fourth or fifth option, regardless of how well he was playing.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,128 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    Perhaps, but the overall offense may have been better and because of this, we may have been able to generate more offense and more numbers. I absolutely believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he would have had more catches then TWill. I see the offense opening up more and teams not being able to double on Dez more but even if defenses do try to take Dez away, that wold only mean more catches for Allen. That guy understands how to run routes at this level and he has excellent hands. I really wanted to draft that guy. Was physically ill when we passed him up.
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,820 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I liked the Frederick pick from the beginning, but........he was still the first center taken and thus should've made the all rookie team. Just sayin
  12. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

34,978 Messages
    2,558 Likes Received
    Yep. Some are always sure ole Jerry is screwing up everything.
  13. jobberone

34,978 Messages
    2,558 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  14. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

489 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    I expect Williams to have the sort of breakout year Murray finally had. As well as Escobar.

There is going to be some aggressive play calling compared to what we've seen around here lately.
  15. jobberone

34,978 Messages
    2,558 Likes Received
    I expect more from both but I'm not ready to say they will break out. I certainly hope you're right. :)
  16. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

308 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Fear the Beard...
  17. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,602 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    8-8 with Costa.

8-8 without Costa.