1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Garrett not satisfied with Bryant's two targets against Saints, says lack of snaps part of...

Discussion in 'Newsfeed Zone' started by NewsBot, Nov 12, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

23,529 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Dez Bryant was not targeted enough against the Saints and that getting him the ball is part of the plan from here.

“The other night, we were not,” he said, asked if he was satisfied with the number of targets Bryant is getting. “I think he got two. Typically, he’s gotten many more than that, and I think his production speaks for itself that way. But he’s one of those players you want to make sure you give him chances.”

Bryant was targeted only twice in the 49-17 loss to the Saints on Sunday night, less than everyone except Dwayne Harris. Six times this year, Bryant has been the Cowboys’ leader or co-leader in targets. In four games, he has had double-digit targets. In those six games, the Cowboys are 4-2.

“Dez is, I think, targeted as much as anybody on our team,” Garrett said. “I know he and Witt are the ones who are typically targeted as much as anybody, and for obvious reasons. He’s a play-making type player for us and has been, so you want to make sure you give him chances, and we have to make sure we do that week in and week out. And one of the issues in the game the other night is we just didn’t have as many snaps as we typically do. They had over 80 and we had just north of 40, so that limits your opportunities. Having said that, he’s one of those players you need to try in every way you can to get the ball in his hands and we’ll continue to try to do that.”

Asked whether it’s important to communicate to Romo to get Bryant the ball, Garrett said, “Absolutely. Yeah, you simply have to find ways to get him the ball. We have got to do that, and we’ll do a better job of that going forward.”

-- Carlos Mendez
    Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...