1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Jason Hatcher has to wonder what life would have been like playing the 4-3 all along

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 19, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

32,439 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    [CDATA[If only the 4-3 had come along a little earlier in Jason Hatcher’s career with the Cowboys.]]>

By Carlos Mendez

cmendez@star-telegram.com

If only the 4-3 had come along a little earlier in Jason Hatcher’s career with the Cowboys.
    The current defensive scheme or the former defensive coordinator might have had Hatcher rolling along like he is now — tied for the team lead in sacks, second in quarterback pressures, with a tackle for loss and a pass defensed in only two games — much sooner.

He wonders, too.

“Kinda sorta. When I came out of college, I came from a 4-3, and when I got here, I two-gapped,” the veteran defensive lineman said. “And I really didn’t like it. I didn’t really like it. But this scheme, it gives me the opportunity to be an athlete again. So I’m enjoying it again. I’m really happy with where I am right now.”

Continue reading...
  2. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    The 3-4 defense is only good for a few teams leaguewide at a time. The 4-3 is the best defensive scheme the NFL has ever had and always will be, unless you have Lawrence Taylor.
  3. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Hope Hatcher can injury free, that has been in trouble in the past.
    jobberone likes this.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Hatcher is a 4-3 player... The guy has been a monster in this scheme!
  5. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

945 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Yeah. It's not that I have anything against the 3-4. But I do prefer the 4-3. Also, it seems easier to draft for that scheme.

I like this change on the D and the Marinelli hire.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,010 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    Exactly. Wade said he was a player he just couldn't stay healthy. I think he can play DE and DT though in this scheme.
    dallasdave likes this.