1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: ST: Jason Hatcher has to wonder what life would have been like playing the 4-3 all along

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 19, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

58,225 Messages
    965 Likes Received
    [​IMG]
    [CDATA[If only the 4-3 had come along a little earlier in Jason Hatcher’s career with the Cowboys.]]>

By Carlos Mendez

cmendez@star-telegram.com

If only the 4-3 had come along a little earlier in Jason Hatcher’s career with the Cowboys.
    The current defensive scheme or the former defensive coordinator might have had Hatcher rolling along like he is now — tied for the team lead in sacks, second in quarterback pressures, with a tackle for loss and a pass defensed in only two games — much sooner.

He wonders, too.

“Kinda sorta. When I came out of college, I came from a 4-3, and when I got here, I two-gapped,” the veteran defensive lineman said. “And I really didn’t like it. I didn’t really like it. But this scheme, it gives me the opportunity to be an athlete again. So I’m enjoying it again. I’m really happy with where I am right now.”

Continue reading...

2. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,871 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    The 3-4 defense is only good for a few teams leaguewide at a time. The 4-3 is the best defensive scheme the NFL has ever had and always will be, unless you have Lawrence Taylor.

3. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

10,451 Messages
    11,714 Likes Received
    Hope Hatcher can injury free, that has been in trouble in the past.

jobberone likes this.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

5,108 Messages
    935 Likes Received
    Hatcher is a 4-3 player... The guy has been a monster in this scheme!

5. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Well-Known Member

1,119 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    Yeah. It's not that I have anything against the 3-4. But I do prefer the 4-3. Also, it seems easier to draft for that scheme.

I like this change on the D and the Marinelli hire.

6. jobberone

jobberone Kane Ala Staff Member

47,154 Messages
    9,558 Likes Received
    Exactly. Wade said he was a player he just couldn't stay healthy. I think he can play DE and DT though in this scheme.

dallasdave likes this.