1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Melton wasn't 100 percent for Cowboys' first work in the field, Garrett says

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, May 6, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,358 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    Free agent signee Henry Melton, recovering from a knee injury, was not 100 percent Tuesday as the Cowboys took the field for the first time in the offseason conditioning program, coach Jason Garrett said.

“He has worked very hard,” Garrett said. “He spends a lot of time here, and he’s really committed to getting himself back and going. He was not 100 percent. Was doing a lot of good things, moving around, involved in some of the drills, making some progress.

“We’ll see how he responds to that work. But we’ve been really pleased with his progress.”

Melton’s season in Chicago was cut short in September last year with a torn ACL. He signed a conditional four-year contract with the Cowboys this spring.

“We certainly have a target for him to be ready for training camp, but we’ll see what kind of progress he makes,” Garrett said. “If he’s ready earlier, we’ll give him a chance to do that.”

--- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,876 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Doing a lot of good things, making progress… does Garrett ever say anything different an interview?
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,854 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    No, but he's a positive guy. I stopped listening to anything he has to say.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,876 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Regardless of whether or not he is a good coach, his interviews drive me crazy.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,854 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Same here, reminds me of Coach Landry. As great a coach as Tom Landry was, I never liked his interviews as much as Tex's. Coach Landry was boring.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,305 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    No and he does it on purpose.
  7. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,504 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    the only thing missing in his approach is the hat and some superbowls but Garrett appears to be cut from same cloth. Ultra positive, unemotional, stoic system guys.
    Fletch and casmith07 like this.