1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Once burned, Cowboys' Rob Ryan has no comparisons for Wes Welker

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Once burned, Cowboys' Rob Ryan has no comparisons for Wes Welker

Posted Friday, Oct. 14, 2011

By Carlos Mendez

cmendez@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan got another chance to talk about another receiver Friday.

He stepped lightly.

"I'm afraid to comment on wideouts," he said, joking with reporters who asked him about the New England Patriots' Wes Welker in his weekly media session at Valley Ranch. "Apparently, I don't know anything."

Ryan might still be smarting from the reaction two weeks ago when he said Miles Austin and Dez Bryant are better receivers than Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions.

Johnson caught two second-half touchdown passes in the Lions' 34-30 victory over the Cowboys, and after the game, Lions coach Jim Schwartz opened his news conference by saying he was glad his team had the third-best receiver in the game.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/10/14/3446187/once-burned-cowboys-rob-ryan-has.html#ixzz1as0XSlcT
  2. w8lifter

w8lifter Member

461 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Atta boy, Rob.

Im glad to see Rob is learning to be more 'diplomatic' when the media asks him his opinion of upcoming opponents.
    :clap2:
  3. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    i dont want him diplomatic, frankly. Calvin Johnson was basically shut down for the entire first half. And if we dont turn the ball over 3 times, he wouldnt even have had as many opportunities to burn our admittedly weak secondary.
  4. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,794 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    Translation .. Rob Ryan doesn't want his mouth to write checks his offense cannot cash. :D :D

#reality