1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Statesman: Dallas Cowboys look good, but not Super Bowl good

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys look good, but not Super Bowl good

by Cedric Golden,

ARLINGTON — Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in the Dallas Cowboys' show of superiority over a quality Buffalo team Sunday.

No way Dallas is capable of putting up those types of performances over the course of a regular season and into the playoffs ... right?

Now, if this were, say, the world champion Green Bay Packers, a 44-7, turnover-free win over a division leader wouldn't be met with much surprise. After all, the Packers are under the direction of soon-to-be league MVP Aaron Rodgers, who has more receiving options than 
FedEx and a defense that makes more big plays than it gives up. And don't forget the most important trait of all: the hardware.

There's just something about holding the championship trophy aloft that gives a team the credibility to be taken extremely seriously

http://www.statesman.com/sports/pro/dallas-cowboys-look-good-but-not-super-bowl-1967267.html
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Umm I'm not sure if anyone said they were Superbowl good at this point... Did anyone think Green Bay was Superbowl good last year around this time?
  3. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,056 Messages
    981 Likes Received

Really! I'm just thinking about our receivers violating Hall again next Sunday.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received
    Dallas has strung together one very good win and one OK win.

Let's see where they are a month from now.
  5. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,817 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Definitely not super bowl caliber team......yet!
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,017 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    I don't believe there is a single human being who thinks the Cowboys are a Super Bowl calibre team, so I'm not sure why teh writer is bringing it up.

This was a very solid win against a good team. It is encouraging, but nobody is thinking Super Bowl.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,568 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Here's a picture of the writer;

[IMG]
  8. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,109 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Nobody thinks that Dallas is SB-bound, I hope (although it's not impossible), but this is just an incredibly stupid argument. If you can't take a team seriously as a Super Bowl contender until they've actually won a Super Bowl, what in the world do we need sportswriters for in the first place?
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do. I've said all year and I'll continue to say we have super bowl caliber talent. Great recieving core, top 5 QB, very good run game, great defense, good special teams, good coaching. All it takes is getting hot at the right time.

With our schedule we should be 8-5 at worst a month from now.