1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Staubach: Cowboys will be 11-5 or 10-6; calls Tony Romo a Top 5 QB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Aug 24, 2012.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...11-5-or-10-6-calls-tony-romo-a-top-5-qb.html/

ARLINGTON – Several former Cowboys players were on hand to watch the team practice for two hours Thursday evening at Cowboys Stadium in the team’s only open practice in Texas.

The one former player who stood out in a crowd of legends was quarterback Roger Staubach. He was asked his thoughts on this year’s team and even gave a prediction.

Staubach said he believes the Cowboys will reach the playoffs in 2012 and finish the regular season at either 11-5 or 10-6.

“I think this is a really good football team,” Staubach said. “It’s probably not enough depth as you would like to have, but if they keep people healthy they should have a great year.”
  2. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Roger does not know what he is talking about. You can't be a top 5 QB unless you have won the Superbowl - I thought everyone knew that by now!;)
  3. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

881 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Romo a top 5 quarterback.....right. What the hell does Staubach know about evaluating quarterbacks? :D
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    Depth, depth, depth. I can't wait until we have better depth. We're getting deeper, but not quickly enough for my tastes.
  5. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

582 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    This means alot coming from a Football God :bow:
  6. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This thread won't see much action CC,the haters won't even acknowledge it exists,lol...great article though..even at 47,Roger will always be my hero
  7. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    Romo may be top 5 but our OL is top 25...........maybe...
  8. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    In with the first "What did you expect him to say?" ;)
  9. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our starters (for the most part) are very solid and good enough to compete at a high level.

Our problem is that we have not drafted well in later rounds in years and lack depth across the board, especially at receiver, O-Line and D-Line. If Dez or Smith or Ratliff go down for a long period of time, we're in trouble.
  10. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I love Romo and Roger.......and I would believe what Roger says.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,882 Messages
    4,452 Likes Received
    Been a long term problem. It is great to see it getting better. Much better IMO.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    I think so, too. We've gone from being starter-deep in most places to at least having developing talents--at a minumum--almost everywhere. I actually think our DL and our OL are adequate in terms of depth. By that, I mean the back ups aren't all that much worse than our starters when the backups are all healthy. We're two-deep at QB and RB, deep at CB and at all four LB spots. Thin at S, WR. Even at WR we've got some potential.

There are areas like S, OC and OG where we don't have the best starting talent, but that's not that unusual, either. I think by next season, we'll have a very solid team from top to bottom. Just in time to start preparing for the inevitable drop-off for Ware, Ratliff, Witten, and Tony. :)
  13. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

871 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I could see that happening if they can stay healthy.