1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Steeler friend/fan said it best about Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wood, Dec 31, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    first some fools here listen to BSPN

now steeler fans

talk about definition of stupid
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,768 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    Problem #1 - You listened to something/anything a Steeler fan said.

Problem #2 - Kordell was a bum, a gimmicky guy. Never was a good QB. Bad comparison.

Problem #3 - You posted nonsense because of Problem # 1.
  3. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    For 14 million? Dude there are how many rookie QBs in the playoffs? Its time to move on.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,768 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received

That sums it up
  5. E_DC

E_DC New Member

10 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. There doesn't appear to be an answer in the draft and nobody in free agency is better than Romo.
  6. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Andy Reed and Romo in NY with the Jets .... hmmmmm. interesting.
  7. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    I am too lazy or apathetic to look up the 6 for 7 stat, but how can it be 6 for 7 without winning the SB? I would think that playoffs would also count as elimination games.
  8. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,086 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    How about trading for Cousins?..........ducks and runs for cover.
  9. Double

Double New Member

70 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The deadskins will never trade Cousins to an NFC East team. If they ship Cousins, it will be to an AFC team. That said, i think the kid can play ball and giving opportunity, will mature into a fine passer in this league. The only problem is that we already have what Cousins is in Romo. An in-pocket passer. What our offense needs is a QB that can extend plays and move around. Will they be willing to trade BobbyGeeIII? :)
  10. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If you read what he wrote, it says he has lost 6 of 7. Not won 6 of 7. So, 6 out of 7 opportunities squandered.
  11. Boysathelm

Boysathelm Benched

89 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    KC is an unknown, despite performing well against the Browns in Cleveland. Only thing players have said about him is that he's got ice water in his veins and they weren't concerned about the change up.
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Yes. Unfortunately, we made this bed and we will have to lie in it a little longer.

Regarding injuries, as I stated elsewhere, every team laces up their boots in the same fashion. The successful teams are the ones that prepare for contingency. The unsuccessful teams are the ones that pin all of their hopes and dreams on the marquee players with little attention paid to real depth. There is good reason why depth charts are made and used.

Let's take Washington for example. When RG3 was drafted, they took Kirk Cousins in the later rounds. Many wondered what they were doing. What a stupid move.. Cousins is a QB that can easily start for a number of NFL teams and when RG3 went down he proved the theory. Now look at them. They are in progress me position to pull off a trade that Wil further catapult their organization into the future with a starting caliber QB sitting there for NFL teams to salivate over in the off season. Smart management. Quality depth.. Two things we continue to struggle with..
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,650 Messages
    573 Likes Received

Romo is more of west coast passer. That would be very interesting alignment of under-achieving player and coach in high profile city. Would make for some great entertainment.
  14. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,093 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Easy answer.

We have a vet QB who has started for other teams in the league with game experience.

Give him the chance next year. If that doesn't work, then we lose games and get the higher draft pick for 2014. Play Orton, let Romo backup and see what happens.

But whatever we do, do not sign Romo to an even more expensive contract that will cripple the teams ability to improve and more forward as it desperately needs money to do this.

Let Romo stay but ONLY as a reserve guy. Nobody is going to pay him to bring his flawed game to their franchise. I think the Cowboys just need to make the hard decision and bite the bullet on Romo.

I like the guy..don't get me wrong. But he just isn't good enough to build your future around. Hopefully we can all see the reality of that. Remember, there are 52 other players on the team as well as coaches and family that have to deal with all these good/bad decisions.

Take straw votes, Jerry. Ask some people who are directly affected by what is going on and then decide. I'm pretty sure, must would prefer to go in new directions than the one we are trying to save from near-death.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin

Cowboy fans have a stiff drink tonight and let's celebrate 2013.
    Happy New Year to everybody.
  15. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received

Draft Matt Barkley from USC. We still have Orton who can play until Matt is ready (Orton could play for next 2 years if needed). Use the majority of 14M saved from Turnover Tony to pay for OL and young QB.
  16. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,372 Messages
    930 Likes Received
    Romo had a bad game last night in a crucial situation but these comments are as laughable as the original post. Kordell Stewart and Tony Romo - really? And you really think your friend said it best?

Then you're going to trade Romo and go with Orton, a proven back-up? And of course you've thought through all the implications of that, the message to the season ticket holders, the sponsors, the fans, the media and most of all, the current players.

Never mind - it's not your fault, it's my fault that I even responded. I thought I had learned better.