1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephen A. Smith: LeBron, Bosh to Miami.

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by casmith07, Jun 28, 2010.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,113 Messages
    2,538 Likes Received
    Reggie Miller obviously didn't watch the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.

What say you, NBA fans?
  2. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lebron needed Kobe to win a gold medal and now he needs Wade to win a NBA championship.

would be fun to watch all of them on the same team though.
  3. casmith07

27,113 Messages
    2,538 Likes Received
    It would be even more fun to watch them ALL on one team, like they all go to Los Angeles and re-create Team USA. But it won't happen :(
  4. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,637 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    to be fair, kobe did need shaq or three seven footers on a team to win rings.
  5. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kobe needs the best Bigman in the game to win rings. Don't kid yourself.

We all saw what Kobe did when he had a "LeBron like supporting cast"

He didn't do ****.
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So if this is true, are you still going to be a Cav fan, SLATE?
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,660 Messages
    3,870 Likes Received
    Championship?
  8. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not even a basketball fan, but this mildly interests me.

Lebron is easy to root for, because he's likeable. I root for him.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  11. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It would be fun to watch for sure.

But LeBron will NEVER get props if he plays with Wade or Rose and Bosh. Everyone will say that he had too much talent around him.

If Cleveland just gets Bosh and LeBron then I think it's only fair to give him props since Kobe has Gasol and Kobe's getting love.
  12. dmoore

dmoore New Member

449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But Cleveland can't get Bosh and LeBron. LeBron's already proven he can't win with the cast he had in Cleveland. LeBron needs to start worrying about winning championships. His best shot is with the Bulls, if he can convince another big name FA to come with him (Bosh and Joe Johnson would be preferable). Chicago is just set up so perfect.
  13. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The cavs can easily get Bosh if LeBron signs. Depends on if Bosh wants to play with Wade or LeBron. Bosh will then go to Toronto and force a sign and trade. Cleveland will then take on Hedo's horid contract in return and Toronto will recieve a slue of expirings and a young talent in Hickson. Win, Win for both teams.
  14. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,496 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    stephen a smith said it, it wont happen, i guarantee it. he will end up in chicago, vegas had it +125 lebron to chicago, then out of nowhere now its at -500!!! hmmmmmm
  15. dmoore

dmoore New Member

449 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not possible. I'm sure Toronto would be open to a sign and trade, but Cleveland doesn't have anything to offer Toronto to motivate them to make a deal. The Salaries would have to match, and Cleveland doesn't have enough desireable players/contracts to match a max deal. Add in Hedo, and it's no way. Cleveland can only hope that LeBron comes back. They can't add any significant outside FA. They could make a trade, with West likely being moved, but there's not going to be much more help for LeBron.

Seriously, if LeBron couldn't win this year, I don't think it'll get any easier for him in the coming years. LeBron needs to start worrying about his legacy, and go where he has the best shot at winning a title. He can't carry a team to a championship, but nobody except Jordan could. My guess: Chicago with Bosh on 3 year deals. If he wins a championship, he'll stick with Chicago, if not he bolts to Brooklyn.

I just can't see him going to Miami. I don't think LeBron-Bosh-Wade is as good as LeBron-Bosh (or Johnson)-Rose-Noah-Deng. It's a young team too. If the 3 of them play together and one goes down with an injury, I'm not sure that's a playoff team.
  16. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,842 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Youre wasting your time Dmoore, he keeps bringing up that idea and he keeps being wrong. Hes clueless

If Im him I go balls out to Chicago, 5 year deal w/ Amare or Bosh. Unless the Nets owner really has some cool stuff up his sleeve. What would you do?
  17. dropshot001

dropshot001 New Member

77 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i think that lebron and wade would be good together. having bosh just makes it a situation in which someone will have to take a back seat. not to mention they already have beasley
  18. casmith07

27,113 Messages
    2,538 Likes Received
    I still see James, Bosh, AND Wade going to Chicago. The team is ready to accept at least two, and Wade would love to go home and play for his hometown favorite Bulls, especially if it means all three of them.

They're going to make stupid money in endorsements and advertising dollars if they do - jersey sales, etc. Might as well take a minimal pay cut in order to have a legitimate chance to win multiple championships, and by multiple I mean certainly more than two. It would be like the Boston Celtics' last ditch effort with Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen, except THESE three guys are all well under 30.
  19. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,842 Messages
    70 Likes Received

Except those 3 all did different things.

KG- Defend, rebound, 18 footer
    Shuttlesworth - shooting, defense
    PP - Iso scoring, defense, complete game really

I wouldnt want to take on the LBJ, Wade, Bosh triforce or anything but how would they guard Dwight Howard, who will stretch the floor? Who takes the last shot?

My prediction? Lebron and Amare in Chicago
    Bosh joins Wade and they fill out the roster wisely

I wouldnt count out the Nets yet either, they have a ton of assets so they can be one of the few teams that offers Lebron the S&T option that pays him the true max
  20. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What the hell does this even mean? That's a dumb statement. He's going to play with better players.