1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Feb 26, 2012.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,644 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    stephen hill georgia tech wr at 6'4 215 ran a 4.30 unofficial time:eek:

*****can a mod change the title to combine wr's thanks************
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He was getting some talk as a major sleeper before that time. I only imagine everyone is on notice now. Knock against him is that he a deep threat only. His route running and release off the line need work but if he can display progress and ease some of those concerns his stock his likely to take off.
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    He'll be a Raider soon. :D
  4. jblaze2004

8,644 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    yeah sounds like a couple years learning would do him wonders like miles austin. But talk about speed at 6'4. Moss/calvin johnson like (speed/height wise).
    Wonder what was his vertical jump?
  5. jblaze2004

8,644 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    idk. I wonder if the raiders still will draft speed guys like they use to now that al davis passed.
  6. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    he has great straightline speed....but when watching the drills, he is choppy with cuts and shows a lot of raw to his game.

still, if you want to send him on a fly pattern, he can definitely get it done.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,377 Messages
    1,248 Likes Received
    To bad Al Davis went to the great combine in the sky. He was sure to have been their first round pick.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,377 Messages
    1,248 Likes Received
    No McKenzie like guys that can play as opposed to guys that look good in a uniform.
  9. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,663 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Can he catch? (I'm asking because I seriously don't know)

It's amazing how people get caught with the speed of a WR, yet some can't even catch a cold.

Yes, speed is great, but for me, it's all about the hands.
  10. GroundUp

GroundUp Member

218 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    but the Raiders have no first round pick in either case.
  11. John813

John813 Active Member

474 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yes.

I have watched him at GT for his career.

Calvin Johnson lite.

Can make circus catches if needed, but is very raw as a receiver due to GT triple option offense.
    Probably will go in the early 2nd round now, IMO.
  12. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Agree about not being utilized enough bc of the offense they ran. I think he has the potential to be the best receiver from this class. If we let Robinson walk and he's there in the third for us, I definitely pull the trigger, but as you said he looks like a 2nd round lock after today.
  13. John813

John813 Active Member

474 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I don't know how Georgia Tech gets these freaks at Wide receiver.

Johnson, Thomas and Hill are all high potential, big receivers who had horrible Quarterbacks on their team.

Thomas IMO, has the potential to be #2 best receiver out of the 2010 receiver class, behind Bryant, if he can also work on route running and playing in a slightly more passing offense, with Tebow there anyways.

I could see teams like Miami, who are bare at receiver, other than Marshall, take a shot at him at pick 41. With Philbin there, he wants a more stretch the field offense. Getting a guy like Hill at 6'4, 215 with some outrageous athletic ability might be worth the risk so early in the draft, even though he is raw as a receiver.

A nice little bonus with Hill, is that IIRC he is a good blocker on the outside. Paul Johnson wanted his receiver to be able to hold a block versus the corners due to their offense.
  14. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

No, he is more like Demaryius Thomas than he is Calvin.
  15. hsfolk

hsfolk Member

360 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Colts would be wise to grab him high in the 2nd and pair Luck and Hill
  16. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received

Won't be shocked if he lands with Cincy. They have 3 2nd round picks. They could potentially draft Richardson in the first, Stephen Hill in the 2nd(with one of their 3 picks) and whoever else and have: Dalton/AJ Green/Stephen Hill/Trent Richardson,Jermaine Gresham as their core skill players.

Sounds scary for the future!