1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Stephen Jones on The Ticket Tweetcap - 05/30/14

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 30, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,141 Messages
    6,926 Likes Received

Jon Machota @jonmachota · 1h
    Stephen Jones on @dfwticket: "Obviously, losing Sean Lee is a blow, but that doesn't mean we surrender. We're gonna go to work."
    Stephen Jones told @NormsClubhouse that Sean Lee "is the last person in the world I'd bet against. He's more determined than ever."
    Stephen Jones: Kyle Orton is deciding if he still wants to play. "We'll just kinda let this play out."
    Stephen Jones said he's never heard anything about Tony Romo not being a fan of Kyle Orton.
    Stephen Jones talking about the Clippers being worth $2 billion, said "it doesn't matter what the [Cowboys are worth], Jerry's not selling."
    Stephen Jones: It's "a real possibility" that the Cowboys could get a contract extension done w/ Dez Bryant before or during the 2014 season
    Stephen Jones acknowledged the Cowboys are talking to Dez Bryant's agent about a new contract. "We're certainly taking a long look at that."
  2. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,195 Messages
    2,792 Likes Received
    Thank you WG. Don't say it enough.
  3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,808 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received

Thanks WG, good stuff.
    I guess the part in bold, will get the blood boiling in some fans....LOL
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,249 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    Well, Jerry will die before he sells. I think we all know that.
    the_h0wey likes this.
  5. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,195 Messages
    2,792 Likes Received
    Yep. And like it or not, I don't blame him. I certainly wouldn't sell the Cowboys if I had them.

Wow, how fun would that be?
    guag and djmajestik like this.
  6. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,457 Messages
    1,099 Likes Received
    Anyone know where this rumor came from?
  7. WoodysGirl

67,141 Messages
    6,926 Likes Received
    There was a story the other day suggesting Romo didn't care for Orton because he wouldn't comment specifically on Orton's return or lack thereof. As in many cases, Romo deferred to the front office. The piece was written by Calvin Watkins.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Why did he leave out the word 'ever' because we all know that to be true. At least I don't ever see him selling.
  9. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,533 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    I have no idea what Romo thinks of Orton, but given Romo's work ethic vs Orton's I wouldn't be surprised if Tony doesn't hold him in high regard.

Romo may have taken a Cabo trip, but Orton's entire career has been one long weekend bender.
    BigStar, coogrfan, djmajestik and 2 others like this.
  10. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Calving Watkins - Naturally!
  11. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,210 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    And it was a very poor piece, even for old Calvin. It was like he was speculating about an idea he had that was already a reach to start with, that had no factual basis. I just shook my head after I read it.
    casmith07 likes this.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,659 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    The good news about the Clipper sales is that now the value of the Cowboys is likey to be so high that no amount of tax preparation will allow the family to keep the team due to the huge inheritance tax. Pretty soon most pro sports teams are going owned by huge corporations and hedge funds.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    Calvin connected WAY to nanny imaginary dots on that one.
    Ah, the offseason.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    Death tax.
    ugh
  15. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,946 Messages
    1,694 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys were to sale, the tax hit would be worth more than what some NFL teams are worth.
  16. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,734 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    I remember reading about that last year, that Jerry would most likely set up some type of sale to his children, because the inheritance tax in Texas is 50%, or something like that. So, if he just left them the team, they'd be hit with the mother of all tax bills. Either way, I can't see the Cowboys being owned by anyone not named Jones for a long, long time.
  17. WoodysGirl

67,141 Messages
    6,926 Likes Received
    Not to be a bubble burster since I don't have the link handy. But I think Jerry has said that all of his children have a significant stake in the Cowboys. So it's not a matter of transitioning the Cowboys to the children. They already have a good stake in it now. No idea how much, tho.
  18. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    It would be lots of fun.

And if you or I owned the Cowboys we would get ridiculed just as much. ;)
    Cumart21 likes this.
  19. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,733 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Maybe we would be ridiculed all owners are at some point, but not for screwing up the greatest franchise in sports, or for being meddlers or puppet masters. Either way I support my team just no longer financially.
  20. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    People need to be recording Jerry just in case he says something that could force him to sell the franchise for $20 Billion.
    PA Cowboy Fan and Mr Cowboy like this.