1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Stephen Jones Says Cowboys ‘Absolutely’ Can Make Playoffs

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by felix360, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,935 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Mathematically possible, but realistically they have no business in the playoffs....love Stephens positiveness but even the Jones' no...they are done..... and need to continue building this team into a championship contender...

Cowboys realistically are 1 to 2 years away. I highly dislike Garrett(no character) but no matter how much I dislike him I think he needs to stay another year and test his plans....

There is and will only be ONE TOM LANDRY.......garrett is NO Tom Landry
  2. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,794 Messages
    1,862 Likes Received
    What he said..
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only thing that matters is the coaches and the players believe they can reach the playoffs. The coaches, management and players need to approach it that away until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoff picture any other mindset and the team is doomed more than just this year.

The fact is all you people saying Stephen is delusional etc are flat out acting on an irrational emotional state of mind. You always say it starts at the top and he is doing what the man at top is suppose to do believe it can be done send the message the goal can still be accomplished and we need to set that as are goal.

You stand firm in beilieve even if it is illogical until the math says you are out of the picture any other approach by Stephen or Jerry means the franchise is truly doomed because they have quit before the fight was over because they took a few shots. You guys talk about soft and the only people I see being mental midgets is the fans.

Look I understand having reservations as a fan but until they are eliminated from the playoffs you should have some hope some optimism look at the glass as half full instead you guys are a bunch of Glass half empty people.

I hope they make the playoffs I hope they can go on a run does not mean they will but I be dam if I am going to give up on the season just yet while there is a sliver of hope.

Go Cowboys
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,753 Messages
    5,159 Likes Received
    i guess mike shanahan is a mental midget too then?

the man basically said their season is over two weeks ago.

i respect him for his honesty. i respect him more for the actions of his team the past two weeks.

i wish this franchise was more about action, less talk.
  6. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I would never ever cheer against Dallas but I just want one of the jones to admit this team can't ball
  7. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,823 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Stephen should have been assembling a passable offensive line in the offseason two years ago, not spreading messages of hope and cheer when the whole house of cards is collapsing......again. A more appropriate response would be something along the lines of recent Jets management communiques: "we didn't sign up for 5-6".

Better yet, cancel your "I want to be just like Daddy" weekly radio show and spend every waking hour finding somebody like Holland to patch this mess of a line up so that we don't have to max protect on 4 man rushes during our upcoming "playoff run".
  8. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

959 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    I agree they don't have great coaches but their coaches(even Schiano) have so much more experience than Red I see no reason to think he's even on their level
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received

Vit-21 years experience
    Schiano-13 years experience
    Carroll-24 years experience
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I find it hard to think of the fans as mental midgets when this team makes one stupid mistake after another. This has got to be one of the dumbest teams that ever had a star on a helment. Great physical talent, no mental talent.

I disagree with the glass half empty comments as well. The glass is totally empty. This team has done nothing to deserve a playoff spot. They have played one decent game this year and it was the first game of the season. The only thing that would happen with a couple wins is a lower draft pick.
  11. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    I think it has less to do with experience and more with Garrett just outright sucking.
  12. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,460 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Right. Business decissions to make.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,699 Messages
    2,359 Likes Received
    No, the team is not French, they just suck.

The only good that can come from this season is seeing Garrett getting his walking papers. After all, Jerry cannot think of a single thing that has improved during Garrett's tenure.

I have to agree with Jerry, Garrett has been EPIC FAIL.
  14. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    319 Likes Received

Yup. There's little more to say about this.
  15. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,786 Messages
    66 Likes Received
  16. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where did i say they deserved anything they have to earn a playoff spot. The team approach and goal should be to make the playoffs as long as they are alive in the race.

Fans are going to want them to lose for draft spots that is what fans do. The team needs to act otherwise.
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I doubt Shanahan came out and said their season is over. I like to see that quote because i do not believe he said that.

Now if you told me he said something along the lines of we do not play better our season is over which is telling his team we have to play better. That I believe and that is not saying the season is over.
  18. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

641 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    We can also still win the superbowl, just like I can win the lottery.....its just statistically unlikely to happen.
  19. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Here's what he said.

LANDOVER, Md. — Uttering “disappointed” or “disappointing” no fewer than nine times during his postgame news conference, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan sounded very much like someone ready to write off the season.

In what Shanahan insisted beforehand was a “must-win” game, the Redskins committed 13 penalties, gave up an 82-yard pass, watched Robert Griffin III stuffed on a fourth-and-goal and lost 21-13 yesterday to Cam Newton and the Panthers.

It was the Redskins’ third consecutive defeat and dropped them to 3-6.

“You lose a game like that, now you’re playing to see who obviously is going to be on your football team for years to come. I’ll get a chance to evaluate players and see where we’re at,” Shanahan said.

“Obviously, we’re not out of it statistically, but now we find out what type of character we’ve got and how guys keep on fighting through the rest of the season.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/dc_gridlocked_sArw7lFNlzXZJneshLMQIN

Of course after saying that, the Skins go on a two game win streak.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Their goal should be to reach the playoffs. When they are eliminated, every game that is won actually hurts the team. I don't think fans are mental midgets to realize that a meaningless win is hurting the team in the long run. There is nothing wrong with fans wanting what's best for the team even if it means losing games.

The comment on the team deserving to reach the playoffs was simply an opinion. It was not aimed at your previous comments. Our disagreement is with your take on the fans.