1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stephon Gilmore, Cordy Glenn, Fletcher Cox visit us

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by a_minimalist, Apr 5, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
  2. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  3. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,885 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Looks like they're coving all their bases.
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Except TE. Haven't seen any TE names coming in for a visit.
  5. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Didn't you hear? The Cowboys are "hiding their interest" in Coby Fleener by NOT bringing him in. :D
  6. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,609 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    I am now leaning strongly towards Gilmore, above Poe, Barron and Brockers, as the rumored favorites. Cox, not sure about, like a lot of the passrushers.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm glad Stephon Gilmore visited the Cowboys, because he deserves serious consideration. I'm not sold on Dallas' CBs or CB situation after Brandon Carr.

If Michael Brockers is gone by pick 14, I think Dallas will look to trade back. Then, I think it could be Gilmore/Kirkpatrick/Barron VS Konz. I think the Cowboys could still pick a CB in round one. If they do, I prefer Gilmore if Gilmore and Kirkpatrick are still on the board. I think Courtney Upshaw is a wildcard now, and I don't think Fletcher Cox is best used as a 5 technique. I'm not buying Cox to Dallas. Maybe, I'm wrong, but I think Brockers is the pure 5 technique that Dallas really covets, and Cox is a smoke screen.
  9. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,426 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I will throw a damn party if we pick Gilmore. Love this kid, think he can be a damn good cb in the nfl.
  10. a_minimalist

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    The problem with Gilmore is that he most likely will be gone before you reach the 20th pick. So the idea of trading back will most likely be unsuccessful.
  11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,483 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I also suspect that Brockers is the real target at 14 which is going to cause quite a stir on this board if it turns out to be the case.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,938 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    This is always interesting:

Among those expected to attend are Texas linebackers Emmanuel Acho and Keenan Robinson, TCU linebacker Tank Carder, Texas A&M receiver Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M running back Cyrus Gray, LSU cornerback Ron Brooks, OU defensive back Jamell Fleming, and quarterbacks Nick Stephens of Tarleton State, G.J. Kinne of Tulsa and Nathan Dick of Central Arkansas.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04/04/3861815/cowboys-consider-options-with.html#storylink=cpy

And of note, David DeCastro and Poe have not been in for a visit...
  13. a_minimalist

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure DeCastro is scheduled for a visit. He might have already visited and if not it's probably because of the tornadoes.
  14. cds99

cds99 Member

130 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Im with you on this as well