1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stock picks (players)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Active Member

571 Messages
    197 Likes Received
  2. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    I'll play along

Round 1 - Terrence Williams - He had a very good rookie year and now slides into the #2 receiver role - given the extra exposure and the extra attention likely given Dez/Witten, he could double his rookie campaign output.

Round 2 - Lance Dunbar - I said shortly after we acquired Scott Linehan, he will have a significant role much like Reggie Bush was used last year, in terms of getting him the ball in space and letting him create. Obviously, he likely won't duplicate Bush's production, being that Demarco will be the starter and the Cowboys have alot of other weapons to feature - but I still say Dunbar will surprise some.

Round 3 - Rolando McClain - I'm not sure if it would be that much of surprise considering many have already tabbed him as the most "talented" player in the Lb group, but still based on what I'm reading he, at least, seem's to have his head on straight...for now.
  3. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    Improvement in those 3 players would be huge for the Cowboys. I'm not sure I share your confidence though.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,087 Messages
    5,410 Likes Received
    If McClain makes the team (i.e. keeps it together mentally) he will be the starting MLB in the base defense. They only played base 39% of the time last season.

I've reviewed most of his games from 2012 on the All-22. He's a far superior player to Durant.

I do wonder who will be the 2 LBs in the Nickel. My guess is Holloman and Carter.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,087 Messages
    5,410 Likes Received
    Ken Bishop, Davon Coleman and Terrell McClain.
  6. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,449 Messages
    3,016 Likes Received
    Yep.

And we're already reading/hearing good things about all 3.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,917 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    That's not a excuse though. We may have not drafted him to be a blocking tight end but he still should've showed some progression there. He didn't so he couldn't get on the field.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,548 Messages
    980 Likes Received
    Very few young receiving TEs can block. Look at every scouting report on top TE prospects - all of them are poor blockers.

We claimed we were going to run a Pats like O. One TE is generally split wide and has blocking assignments similar to a WR (I.e. very little). We rarely used that alignment. His blocking would have been irrelevant
    jobberone likes this.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,376 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    I don't know why we didn't use him more. Esp around the GL.
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,548 Messages
    980 Likes Received
    Suggests there are some "same page" issues between JG and the guys Jerry hires as assistants
  11. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

501 Messages
    162 Likes Received

agree....sell on Carter and Escobar and buy on Gardner
  12. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,449 Messages
    3,016 Likes Received
    Players I would list as "sell"?

-Hayden
    -Parnell