1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stopping the Run

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Crown Royal, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,964 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    OK - so here we go. All year, we have been pretty consistent in stopping the run, except for against Philly.

Now, in Philly, that might have been we were just shocked they ran it so often.

But the real frightening thing is stopping Denver - that zone scheme can be hell on an overagressive 3-4. If Bell is healthy, we could see a lot of that go inside, bounce outside (where Ware has a tendency to get caught), and this is one of the fastest RBs in the league.

So where do we stand? Can we hold?
  2. wsmith_1972

wsmith_1972 New Member

381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We've played LT, Portis, Jordan, Westbrook, Barber, and Alexander....

Not like we haven't seen our share of good running backs this year.

I'd be more worried about the Denver LBs....
  3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,386 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    I wouldn't call our 3-4 overly agressive.
  4. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,064 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    In the NFL, stopping the run has one of the lowest correlations to winning of any factor. We can't be so concerned about stopping the run that we fail to stop the pass, which is where games actually are won or lost most often.
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

I'm not concerned with Denver's runningBACKS. I'm concerned with their running GAME.
  6. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Al Wilson and Ian Gold are as good as advertised. I haven't seen alot of Denver, but when I saw them, those 2 boys are faster than hell.

We've seen plenty of good backs, so I'm not worried about that as much as how well they've been playing all together. It's going to be a good game.