1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: StrTgrm Galloway: Anticipation growing, but Cowboys rookie Dez Bryant worth the wait

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 20, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Randy Galloway

Got to admit, the anticipation of seeing Dez in action was the only thing that could have made five exhibition games this summer seem tolerable.
    That hasn't happened, but is there any argument that no Cowboys rookie since Troy Aikman in 1989 has had the anticipation impact of Bryant?

LINK to full article
  2. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Definitely. It was a huge disappointment for me to not be able to watch him play yet. I'm not a fan of college ball, and while I've seen the highlights, I really want to see him in action against pros.
  3. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,547 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Randy has a man crush on Dez!
  4. danzig

danzig Member

177 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    after abusing people on Madden with Bryant, i have a man crush on him LOL
  5. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Randy is one of the few journalists, that I'm aware of, that are allowed to write an article as if they are talking to you in a bar. Grammar be damned. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I get that it goes with his "on air" persona, but shouldn't he take a little pride in using correct grammar? I mean, after all, he's a professional...sorta.:)
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Randy did a good job with that article.
  7. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    I just hope the product we see on the field is 100%.
  8. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's not a journalist, he's a columnist. Big difference. The point isn't to sound the same as everybody else (ie use correct grammar) but to project a unique & local voice, which he does fairly well for sure.
  9. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,547 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    No doubt Randy could bang out an article that is grammatically correct.
  10. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. :gent:
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,494 Messages
    1,135 Likes Received
    To a lesser scale, there was a bit of excitement associated with the Roy Williams pick.
    Dallas fans thought he would be the same player he was in college, and in his first year he was.
    He was laying guys out big time. And I never saw him recoil from a tackle in his first year.
    But he was a defensive player. Offensive players are considered sexier and would generate more interest and excitement as a general rule.