1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: StrTgrm Galloway: When adversity struck, Cowboys wore it down

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 22, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received
    Randy Galloway

ARLINGTON -- Adversity knocked on the door, then banged on it, then attempted to kick it down.

Anyone who has followed the misadventures of the Dallas Cowboys this season knew how this story repeatedly ended.

That door was going to go ahead and blow, hinges and all.

Flashing back to the bad old days (like two weeks ago), the Cowboys vs. Adversity again became the emerging story line Sunday at the Big Yard.
    "You could sense it even by halftime, that feeling in the building of 'here they go again,'" said linebacker Bradie James. "As a team, here we go again is what we had to change. It's the losers' mentality."

Bluntly, it was also once an accurate description. The Cowboys have been the poster boys for NFL losers.

This time, however, there was a different ending.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11/21/2649241/when-adversity-struck-cowboys.html#ixzz160OlNXtt
  2. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now I live outside Tampa, so don't know the lingo in dallas. But I really hate it whenever our opponents & certainly a Dallas reporter uses the derogatory shorter version of the Cowboys i.e. "cows". I've only ever before seen it referred to by opponent fans.

Dallas is a big city; no doubt lot of fans living there rooting for other teams. Similarly some of the reporters also root for other teams. I'm surprised they allow their hate of the Cowboys to spill into their writing. Before moving to FL, I lived just outside Washington, D.C. You'd never see any reporter using similar derogatory term against the Redskin. Now everybody calls them Skins, idiots, quitters, stupid, etc. but still. Anyway it just riles me.

But then again, maybe being called a cow in Texas is a compliment.
  3. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trust me, it isn't a compliment.

Randy just likes to get fans in a tisy. The one he like to throw out the most, is calling Cowboy fans "Cow Sheep".

For Randy, good news is when there is bad news for the Cowboys.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Yea ...... Randy is just like some of the posters on here ..... they think if they badmouth the boys it will somehow make them feel better.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,692 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    If Galloway knocks, don't open the door.
  6. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Randy predicted that we'd reach the Superbowl. He must have drunk the Wade koolaid. Should have stuck to Crown Royal. :)